Part 11: Getting Robbed Is Not Fun

Petra, Jack, and Nurm approached Ivor's house. Petra knocked on the door and an annoyed Ivor soon opened it. Jack grinned and was giddy with excitement.

Ivor had black eyes, dark brown hair that was tied up in a bun, and a medium length beard. He wore an olive green robe and black shoes.

"Do you mind, Petra? I'm kind of busy at the moment," Ivor grumbled. Petra rolled her eyes.

"Whatever it is, it can wait. We found some weird and probably dangerous glowing goo. None of us have any idea what it is, but we thought you might know?" Petra replied.

"I'll take care of it after I handle the pressing matter I'm currently dealing with. A strange young woman knocked on my door and told me her potion ingredients had been stolen. For now you can come into the house and wait for your turn, because clearly my services are in high demand today," Ivor said. Petra, Jack, and Nurm entered Ivor's house and shut the door behind them.

Harper was sitting on a couch and listening intently to Unknown, who was seated across from her.

Harper had black eyes and white hair that spilled out of her brown headscarf. She wore a long yellow parka, gray fingerless gloves, black shoes, a black belt with a white belt buckle, and black goggles with neon orange lenses.

Unknown had medium length sky blue hair, blue eyes, and a scar on her left cheek. She wore a dark blue cloak with long sleeves, a light blue long sleeved shirt, a light blue skirt, light blue leggings, and sky blue flats. A white satchel crossed over her body.

"...so I came home to my house and saw that my potion lab was a huge mess. My research papers and calculations were either on the floor, scattered on my counter, or missing. I didn't know my research was that valuable, but okay, whatever you say thief person. Or steal? I dunno. Twelve of my potion ingredients were missing, including my shard of frost quartz... which is so freaking annoying because it's super rare and I just got it a week ago. Thankfully I still have most of my ingredients, but the twelve that the thief took were really valuable. Y'know, I used to think that it would be kind of fun to get robbed, but now I changed my mind. Getting robbed is terrible and I never want to get robbed again. Zero stars, would not recommend," Unknown explained.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you. Did the thief leave anything behind?" Harper asked.

"Oh, what did the thief leave behind other than a completely wrecked lab that I had spent hours organizing...? There was a cassette tape I found on my desk. Maybe the thief put it down and forgot to pick it back up," Unknown responded. She took the cassette tape out of her inventory and then noticed Petra standing near the door. "Oh, hello Petra. Didn't expect to see you here," Unknown greeted.

"Sorry about your frost quartz," Petra answered. Unknown shrugged her shoulders.

"Eh, it's okay. I might get it back," Unknown said. She playfully held up the cassette tape. "Wanna watch a movie with me?" Unknown quipped.

"Sure. It's definitely going to be interesting," Petra commented. Unknown sprinkled a glittering red and light blue powder on the cassette tape. A glowing blue square- which looked like a floating television screen- appeared in the air.

"Fascinating," Ivor gasped.

"It's a simple image casting concoction. Everyone in my tribe knows how to make it. It's just redstone and ground ice thistles," Unknown explained.

Suddenly an image came to life on the screen. The subject of the video was a man with shoulder length bright red hair, a goatee, and black eyes who wore a gray v-neck t-shirt, blue jeans, and red converse. Red electricity came from his hands and he used the red electricity to destroy three of the cave spiders Hit the Target had sent to attack the party. The man then put his open hand in front of two other cave spiders, then raised his hand up. This caused the cave spiders to rise into the air. He curled his fingers into a fist, which crushed the throats of the spiders. The man clapped his hands, which caused three cave spiders to vanish and appear several dozen feet into the air, where they dropped from and hit the pavement. He moved his hand quickly to the right and left several times, and the last two spiders slammed repeatedly into tree trunks until they died.

"Well, that was a major let down. I expected some top secret thief stuff like a heist or something, but it's just the Admin guy showing off his powers," Unknown muttered.

"Why would someone record-" Petra began. Her eyes widened. "Wait. That video was recorded at Lizzie's party. Romeo got the offer to join Hit the Target right after the party was over. My guess is that Veeva recorded it while she was at the party, showed the video to Hit the Target, and he was like: 'Cool, a living weapon. Ask him if he wants to join my army of evil,'" Petra deduced. Nurm said something in villagerese.

"Nurmie says you've got some good reasoning there and he thinks you're right," Jack translated.

"Yep, it all fits. That just leaves one more question... why would Veeva carry it around with her?" Petra asked.

"Maybe because she has an unhealthy obsession with him and carrying around a video tape of him kind of feels like he's with her?" Unknown guessed.

"That's really creepy, but you're probably right. She definitely has a weird obsession with Romeo and none of us have any idea why. And seriously, why would she choose him to obsess over of all people?" Petra replied. Unknown smoothed out her cloak.

"I have no idea, but at least I know she was the person who stole my stuff," Unknown answered. Ivor turned to Petra.

"Well, that problem is solved. I can examine your odd glowing stain now," Ivor stated. Petra gave him the clue with the glowing green liquid on it.

"Poppy, be careful. It could be toxic," Harper warned.

"I am being careful, dear," Ivor grumbled.

"You're never careful," Harper pointed out. Ivor's eyes widened with realization and he nodded.

"Yes, that's true," Ivor admitted. He examined the glowing green stain. "The stain is liquidized phantom eyes."