Chapter 47.

*POV'S KLAUS*

>>I wish I could talk to you. Save me a time this morning,

-Klaus

I send the message to Caroline, then I go enjoing the new day which is just started.

It's 5:00 am and birds are singing from 4:28. I didn't sleep tonight, because I wanted to find words to say to Caroline...

It's been much time since we started dating, even if Hope and the others doesn't know... And I hoped to tell them. I don't like have secrets with my family, and she neither.

After Stefan's death, she felt lost and empty. She didn't know where to start, because she couldn't understand why destiny was so cruel with her. It took back everything it gave to her, her daughters apart, but she saied she would become a very very different person if it only... And I know the feeling.

Hope changed me.

From the moment I saw her, I couldn't desire anything else of being her father, taking care of her. And I would do anything for her, just like her would do for me, and I'd say this story talks for all.

I looked her become a woman, not just a girl, from the other side, and... When I saw her for the first time I was back... I believed to not be ready.

But, day after day, I noticed that she has never changed.

Sure, she has grow up, she has friends, a boyfriend that I don't know yet, but when I look in her eyes, I continue to see my child.

I feel I have to protect her, but now is she who's protecting me! She protects everyone... And as long as I will know Marcel is with her, I'll not afraid.

Caroline.

"You came fast, love" I smile turn around. She smiles.

"You texted me! But let me say you a thing: if you will disappear again, I..." I do not make her stop because I can't resist, and I take her by her hips, going against a tree kissing her.

She smiles.

"Hello,love" She says surprising me.

"Hello, love!" I repeat, then we pass the day together as some days ago, just like we do from when I'm back, but this time I have some news to tell her.

We spend the day together talking and laughing.

"I remember you liked fashion, and you did the journalist!" I say, and she seems to be surprised.

"Yes, I did the journalist years ago, and to be honest, I liked it as job, but... From the moment my daughters were born, nothing metters more than stay with them and protect them. So, I left (also because Stefan died, and ...The only which appeared in my mind were you) . You helped me, you know?"

I smile looking at the ground.

"You helped me too"

After a while in silence, I look at her:"Caroline, do you remember when you told me that you were never been anywhere?"

She looks at me and her look change. Now is between curious and worried.

"Of course. Why?"

My smile become bigger.

"Klaus, I..."

"After the end of the school. So our daughters can decide if follow us or not, and they would be free to do that, if they want to. I hope that isn't a problem to you ..." I continue.

"Of course not, you know me. My daughters come before everything"

"And I think you know my answer, so..." I smile.