6 - Party

Trigger Warning: Mentions of drinking, drugs, violence

- - -

"A party?" Dean sounded cynical as we walked side by side to my dorm. Lecture was over and I had filled Dean in about Vanessa's text, wondering if he got the same.

"It could be fun?" My tone didn't quite execute the way I wanted it to, making Dean sigh heavily beside me like I was having difficulty saying 'no' to someone again.

"We don't have to go, Sophia."

"But Vanessa invited me! And I don't want to look like an asshole by turning her down..."

He must've saw the terror in my expression because he stopped, turning towards me. Extending out a hand, he placed it on my shoulder and I had to force myself not to blush as I awaited his words.

"She'll understand," He said quietly. "We don't have to go if you aren't up for it. I can ask them to do something else instead. You not being comfortable with doing something isn't being an asshole. It's setting boundaries."

I rarely went to parties, the last one I went to before moving here was what caused my breaking point in the first place. But I really wanted to make a good impression on Dean's friends, so I complied.

"No," I shook my head. "It's okay, I wanna do this."

"You sure?" He eyed me doubtfully.

"Yes, I'm sure. You're coming right?" Hope littered in my voice.

"Why?" His lips quirked up slightly. "You gonna miss me?" He rang my words back from the other day making me huff out an annoyed breath.

"You're making it very hard to miss you,"

"Looks like my plan is working."

The mention of his plan made me smirk. I leaned in closer, placing my hand on his chest as I tilted my head. "Is that so? Does that mean you'll allow my plan to continue?"

"Do whatever the fuck you want, Sweetheart. I'm not stopping you."

"Yeah?" My hand traveled slowly down his chest, his hand shooting up quickly to grab it.

"We're in public." He muttered.

"Oh," My eyes widened. A grin replaced the smirk, "You want this to continue in private?"

"What I want," He gritted out. "Is to go home and sleep before this god awful party. Not to fuck you."

His words should have hurt, I know, but they did the exact opposite. My thighs pressed together slightly and I let out a sigh, pulling away from him quickly before walking ahead.

"You are so not fun."

"I know you haven't had friends before, Sophia, but they don't normally insinuate fucking one another." He called out from behind.

The way he replaced the word sex with fucking caused a slight blush up my cheeks.

"Maybe you're a bad teacher," I ruled out once he was walking alongside me once again.

"Maybe you're a bad learner," He shot back.

"There's ways to teach me..." I trailed off purposely making him glare at me, stoping completely once we reached the outside of my dorm.

"Go," He pointed to the direction of the door.

I pouted, "You want me gone so soon?"

"Go, Sophia." He gestured once again. "I'll text you when I pick you up." He didn't give me a second glance before walking away. I stood there for a few seconds before calling out one last time.