21 - Trip

"Should I take these blue jeans or these blue jeans?" Dean was laying on my bed while I packed, legs hanging over the side with a soft smile on his face as he watched me.

"Why not take them both?" He offered. He looked more relaxed than I would have thought, especially after my embarrassing meltdown the day before.

"You're a genius," I sighed, tossing them both into the hand-carry Dean let me borrow. I wasn't finished packing but I had the urge to hold him, walking over and crawling on top of him so my cheek rested against his chest. His left arm came around to hold me, my hands playing with his hair in soft scrapes. "What would I do without you?"

"Everything," He laughed softly. "You don't need me."

"Is this your way of breaking up with me?"

"I didn't know we were together."

I smiled at that, pulling his hand against my cheek so I could lean into the palm of it knowing he was just teasing. After my final exam we celebrated by ordering out and watching Tangled, a movie that I could now say was my favourite after Princess and the Frog. It was at that moment did Dean confirm that we were going on the trip— if I wanted to of course. I was so excited that I accidentally fell off the couch before worrying over if he truly did want to go.

I knew Dean didn't like hanging out with big crowds for extended periods of time, getting overwhelmed and overly tired. The only reason he could do it with his friends was because he was comfortable around them, however he still had a limit. He had once told me that as a kid, his anxiety made it so hard for him to even go to school and I didn't want him doing this for me if it would make him feel awful.

Though, after minutes of reassurance Dean told me that he wanted to go and that in Vanessa's cabin were several rooms so we wouldn't be rooming with anyone else. Plus, Vanessa said I could bring Alex to make me more comfortable.

"Don't worry about me, Soph" He had said last night, holding my hand the way he knew comforted me. "If I ever do start to feel overwhelmed, I can easily lock myself in our room for a day and collect myself."

"Is that what you did when you went on vacation with them in the summer?" I asked back, remembering that it was the first time I had met his friends.

He nodded, telling me he had only gone for two weeks but since it was secluded he mainly stayed in his hotel room for the majority of the time.

"You're right..." I murmured trying to contain my grin. "Maybe I should take Alex up on that offer."

Dean stilled, the arm around me tightening. "You should."

My face was giving me away but I tried so hard to not laugh, playing along. "Okay, I will right now." I tried to pull away from him but he secured me further, leaving me to struggle.

"Yes, do that." He agreed, but didn't let up his hold.

"Dean," I laughed, trying to pull his hand off.

"What's the matter, Soph? Go call her." His voice was calm but I could hear the amusement behind it. He was easily holding me down like I weighed nothing, no sign of struggle on his face.

"Let me go." My smile finally broke and Dean flipped us around so I was laying on my back, him on top.

He tilted his head, blinking down at me in confusion. "Why aren't you calling her? Your phone is right there, you know."

I playfully hit him. "You know why I can't call her right now."

He feigned innocence, "I do?"

"You're on top of me, you...you ugly nerd."