𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 ,

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟: shock and denial, pain and guilt, anger and bargaining, depression, the upward turn, reconstruction and working through, and acceptance and hope

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟: shock and denial, pain and guilt, anger and bargaining, depression, the upward turn, reconstruction and working through, and acceptance and hope. While at a time of death, where one would assume families would be brought together in order to assist in healing, the Nunier family were quite opposite. Rather than aiding the other in support and sympathy, each member mourned the loss of the youngest Nunier harder than the other, coping each in their own way.

When Marina died, the entire Nunier family were burnt corpses, lying feet underground in a casket beside her. Ventura and Laura had forgotten about their eldest son as they mourned, acting as if he had disappeared alongside his sister, moving in the cycle of denial. Rather than trying to work through their daughter's death, once court was dismissed, they acted as if she hadn't existed at all; only enticing Guzman's aggravation of displeasure.

Though he was one stage ahead of his parent's, Guzman hadn't been any better, for he was stuck upon stage three: anger and bargaining. 

There were three main types of anger: passive, open, and assertive, all of which shape the way one reacts towards the feeling of aggression. Most are graced with one of the three, passive: refusing and hating to admit to feelings of anger, thus making one grow silent, open: the need to lash out, physically, verbally, pain in the dire need to control situations often leading in fighting, bullying, bickering, sarcasm, etc. and assertive: the 'healthy' feeling of aggression by talking and listening, open to dealing with both sides of situations that help relationships grow.

Guzman was a rarity that obtained the two negatives on the aggression line and like most, due to present circumstances, he found himself being filled to the brim with no other feeling but. There were instances where he couldn't remember a time where he felt something else besides hatred and animosity and every time he was graced with a memory, a feeling of serene godsend, he held onto it with so much desperation and longing that he drove himself mad until his palms grew clammy from the invisible grip.

Guzman was absolutely frozen in anger and had no will to pull himself out.

Controlling his anger hadn't been on his list of priorities yet he had taken note of his triggers. Polo was at the top of the list, repeating down to the bottom where the names Charisma and Marina rested - all three of which he hated - loathed - to hear all in one verse, equally affecting him in various ways.

His sister's death left Guzman with intense build up and never ending open aggression. He didn't have any problem vocalizing his grief - if one would call it that. There were countless moments where Guzman had yet to simply sit and process Marina was - killed - passed away. He was solely fixated upon seeking justice for his younger sister that he had allowed his mental and physical state to deteriorate when really, he needed to accept that his sister had died and try to start fresh in a world without her. Seeking justice seemed to be the only answer to Guzman's mind that would put ease to his loss but any chance it came near, he was only met with retaliation of resentment and indignation.