Sax of Crows

Buzzing from her alarm jolted a trembling Luz awake, and the soft melody that'd been playing in her dream rapidly faded out of her consciousness. Still, the image of Amity's laughing face lingered, and the touch of her skin on Luz's had felt so real. She dug her nails into her sheets, willing away the memory of the girl who might've been her girlfriend- but probably wasn't anymore.

Get out of my head! Get out of my head!

Couldn't she do so much as draw the line between dream and reality?

She picked up her phone and shut her alarm off, blearily reading the time. Five fifteen. Right on schedule. She squashed the desperation rising in her throat.

It's not over yet.

She stumbled out of bed and made a grab for her car keys, which were on her bedside table, primed and ready to go. When she crept past Camila's bedroom, she paused. She hadn't run her idea by her mom yet. Oh well. It wasn't like Camila could turn Amity away.

Just as she'd expected, Willow and Gus were waiting on the doorstep of her apartment. "Ready?" Willow whispered. Luz nodded.

Gus gave her a salute. "Roger that. Operation Flutebitch is a go." He flipped a pair of sunglasses over his eyes- there to make him look cool, probably, because it was five AM.

Luz rolled her eyes. "This isn't a fun heist movie," she hissed at him. "This is about Amity's safety. And don't call her that."

"Someone is defensive," Willow teased.

"We need to get going. We're wasting moonlight."

"Got it, Commander."

Luz gave them a curt nod. "I'll meet you there. Just follow me. And when we get there, do not make unnecessary noise or take unnecessary risks. Got it?" She glared at Willow as she spoke. If anyone was going to goof off tonight, it was probably going to be her.

"Got it," her friends chanted in unison. Then they exchanged glances and giggled.

"Good." Luz didn't waste another minute. She got in her car and pulled out only semi-recklessly onto the road, checking her mirrors every so often to make sure her friends were still behind her.

She pulled up to the manor fifteen minutes later, parking underneath a sprawling tree in the front yard to avoid being seen, if that was even possible. Ed and Em had told her that the whole outside of the manor was equipped with hi-tech security cameras, and if they caught anything suspicious, Alador and Odalia would be alerted right away. This was where her natural talent for sneaking around places she shouldn't would have to come in handy. From here, she could see the tree she'd be using to climb into Amity's bedroom. Hopefully by now the twins will have done their part and disabled the lock on her window from the inside.

Willow and Gus were just behind her. "Looks good to me," Willow called quietly as she climbed out of her car. Even now, Luz could still see the scratch on the door from where it collided with Amity's. "Have you gotten the go-ahead from the twins yet?"

"Not yet." Luz pulled her phone out to double check. Just then, a message from Emira flashed across her screen.

Good to go, but b careful. we havent been alone w ami lately (parents :(((( ) so she doesn't know ur here. gl and see u soon.

"We're clear," Luz whispered. "Let's go."

Willow, with all her brute strength, had volunteered to be Luz's backup muscle for the whole operation, while Gus, with his keen eye and AP-class intelligence, would be their lookout from the outside. He dashed off in the opposite direction while Willow and Luz made for Amity's room. Luz kept a protective eye out for him the whole way. If the Blight parents found him, they could snap him in half like a twig.