Page 2 Bringing Another Perspective

I woke up at three in the afternoon to the voices of the rain. I love Sundays. It had been a while since I trimmed my beard so I decided to do that before showering. I showered, brushed my teeth in the shower, put some deodorant and my cologne. I rub a sunscreen stick on my face and put on my black Tee, my hoodie, a pair of sweatpants and my shoes. 

I gelled up my hair and grabbed my box of cigarettes and my lighter. Well, I checked all my messages. Most of them were from Glen and this chick I was talking to lately. I stood outside in the yard, smoking and enjoying my day off from work. Suddenly, Glen rang up, "Yo, where are you?"
"At my place. Why?"

"You wanna bring your ass to a party tonight?" Glen asked.
"Sure. Your place?"
"Nah, Giselle. But, she asked me to bring you with me," I tapped my cigarette over the ashtray and blew smoke from my mouth, "You know I don't like Giselle,"
"Man, I'm trying to get laid so come please, will you?"
"Okay sure whatever. It's Sunday. I am free. But I will leave early since I got work tomorrow,"

"So, no drinks either?"
"Of course not. I'll get myself some Redbull on the way," I have a bad history with Giselle and drinking with her. I am not doing it again.
"Well, then, make a drive for it. I've sent you the location she's holding it at. Be there at six. Don't be late!" I hung up and threw my phone on the sofa. I lay on the sofa watching a show. I got a text from Sequin, the girl I had been talking to. 

"Are you coming to Giselle's party?"
"Yeah, with Glen,"
"You wanna pick me up on your way?"
Honestly, no, I don't want to. "Sure, at six," 

I got up and thought I should probably get some drinks and get my bicycle out. The weather was doing fine so I decided to walk to the convenience store. I grabbed a Redbull and paid for it on the counter. I opened it, drank some of it and went back inside to pick up some snacks for later. But when I reached the stack of chips, I saw this girl dancing weirdly in front of the mirror.

Clearly, she couldn't dance. I just stood there and stared at her. She was talking to herself, maybe reenacting a commercial, mimicking the lyrics flowing in her head through her earphones. She couldn't dance, but she had a beautiful voice. I looked at her face through the mirror and suddenly, she looked at mine.

She turned back, and our eyes met.
Damn, she was not my type. A little too skinny for me. She tripped and fell on the shelf, I think she dropped some packets of chips. But soon, balanced herself up again. And a little too weird. I laughed at her. She looked like an electrocuted cat. I kept looking at her, which, now that I think about it, I think I should've spoken something. It must have looked weird.

She had long, curly hair. And really big, dark eyes. It almost looked freaky to me. It looked like the bark of dead trees, with insects living in them. That shit always creeped me out. I was repelled but I was somehow still laughing to...maybe cover the fact that I was a little freaked out by her eyes.

She turned to leave, banged her head into another shelf and grabbed her head. Okay, you cannot tell me that wasn't funny. Now, I was laughing at her stupidity. Which was also quite cute because who is this lost at that age? She was definitely in her late teens.
"Are you okay?" I asked, trying to be nice. 
"Why are you laughing? What's so funny?," Ah...Okay, that's bad Dutch. She's a foreigner. 

She was looking into my eyes, looking for an answer. I looked at her, something about her was  very repulsive yet very attractive. Her aura held a sense of mystery towards it, something like an undiscovered dark void, it would scare you to dive in, but it would always bring you back to it, trying to solve the mystery, a drive to penetrate, to uncover and know this nature.

It could make a sane man go crazy. 

I've never met someone who has ever made curious about them. Maybe her its her face, because I did not like that body type. I like her face just alright. It was a very different face, very unique features. Okay stop. I need to stop exoticizing people. That's creepy. I'm getting weird.

"I don't know, you? Ahem, okay," This time, I laughed nervously and stopped awkwardly. Great, she is making me conscious of my laugh now. Fuck! Get a hold of yourself. 

She stared me up and down and turned back to leave. Wait-I want to stay longer,
"By the way, how's your period going?" What the fuck am I doing? I got a party to be at.
"Excuse me?" Her face lost its colour.
"Your pants, dumbass. You are carrying the Japanese flag on your ass," Man, I am such a dick. Lying for attention. She blushed really hard and covered her hips with her hands. That was so cute. I have never seen someone react like that. I smiled to hide my curiosity towards her.
"Erm, could you help me...get something to cover?" She asked.

I saw Glen's notifications pop up. But I ignored them. At that point, I think I would've ignored anyone. Because this was new and fun and nerve wrecking... and I...sort of...did not want to leave. I was sure she was not Dutch. Maybe she was a tourist. Perhaps I wouldn't see her again.

Perhaps I can change that...If she has something of mine, we could talk again.

"I thought you'd never ask," I removed my hoodie and threw it at her, "Wrap it around your waist,"
"But...It's yours," She definitely did not expect that. So, she's not used to people being nice to her, I suppose. "Dank u" She mumbled and I heard it. Fuck, no, I am not letting you be distant, girl. "Dank je," You are not addressing me by "u". 

"By the way," I pressed my hand on the shelf and leaned a bit towards her, "You're not Dutch, right?" I wanted to be sure. So that if we didn't meet again, I would know why.
"No," I took a sigh of relief and moved away from her, "Thank god. That accent is a travesty,"

I literally had no reason to do that.

You know what, I'll just fuck off. I feel like I'm messing it up. I'll come back more prepared next time. I picked up my Redbull can walked out of the store while sipping my drink. Should I say something to her? Anything, just keep the conversation going, "Also, you should switch to tampons because pads are clearly not working for you!" I yelled from the store's door. Even the clerk looked weirded out. GIVE ME A BREAK! OKAY? I'm not used to approaching girls like that. 

OH MY GOD, SO EMBARASSING!

"Thank you for your concern," She looked quite alright to that comment.
So I smiled, "Always happy to help a lady out,"

I fucked it up. Totally.

And when I left, that made me kind of sad.
Because I wanted to see her again.

So, after coming half the way home, I saw Sequin's message telling me she was waiting for me outside her house. But there was something I wanted to do first. I ran back to the store, "Can I get your number?" Yeah, that's what I'll ask! I'll be a man and ask her name! I ran inside, but she was gone. 

And that felt terrible.

Driving to Sequin's house, I realized that she wasn't good for me. Hell, I had known that woman for like ten minutes and she was already messing my head up. That's a red flag, for sure. It's good she left, yeah. I stopped the car at Sequin's door, picked her up. Then, we picked Glen up and we went to the party. 

As we watched the girls drink and dance, Glen and I sat before the swimming pool with our feet inside the water. We were both smoking, "So, who are you going home with tonight?" Glen asked.
"I'm not going home with anyone," I replied, "I'm gonna go home and go to bed,"
"With Sequin?"

"No, alone,"
"She seems to be really into you. You should give it a shot," Glen tried to manipulate me into a relationship again. But this time, I'm not falling for his stupid tricks again.
"I've already slept with her."

"So, you don't want to date her?"
"Relationships are a hassle," I looked at Glen, "I told you, I am not dating anyone,"
"Why? It's nice to have good things,"
"Good things always fall apart,"

-To be continued