Chapter 40

Ish got a message from Elaine right after I got everything I wanted to buy in the supermarket. Wala na muling nagsalita sa pagitan namin at pinuntahan na lang namin ang counter na sinabi ni Elaine sa kaniya.

"Where were you two?" Elaine asked when we arrived at the counter. They have just fallen in line.

"We were looking for you para sabay na sana tayong pumunta dito pero hindi naman namin kayo mahanap," Trish said and glanced at the cart that Ish was still pushing.

My eyes widened when I realized that I probably have some children stuff in there! I just shook my head and glanced at Nala who was just casually waiting in line even though she has nothing to pay for. Kung may kinuha man ito ay mukhang inilagay na niya iyon sa cart ng mga pinsan.

"Oh? Nandito na pala kayo? Bigla kayong nawala, ah." Nala suddenly claimed that we were the ones who got lost!

"Excuse me?! Ikaw nga itong naglaho na parang bula," I crossed my arms over my chest. "Haven't you checked your phone? I left you like a million messages via text and through messenger." I raised my brow at her but she stayed calm.

"Sorry ka, wala akong data." She said before checking my cart. "Sarap naman ng ice cream," she whispered to me before getting the cart from Ish.

"Hahambalusin kita, Natalie Lash." I rolled my eyes at her bago ko siya tinulak palayo sa cart ko.

"Nagpaalam ka ba ng maayos kay baby girl?" Biglang tanong ni Nala. I looked around at napansin ko na malayo layo naman ang mga kasama namin. "Papunta sa bahay ang gumawa ng gowns for my bridesmaids, fitting kayo." She added with a smirk.

"Oh, so you're dragging me to another place?" I raised a brow at her.

"Pwede naman wag ka sumama, uwi ka mag isa." She rolled her eyes at me. "Ikaw na rin humanap ng susuotin mo sa kasal ko–"

"Hey! I'm just kidding," I hit her on the arm kaya muli niya akong inirapan. "So will the girls arrive?" I gave her puppy eyes para hindi na ito sumimangot pero tinulak niya lang ang mukha ko palayo.

"Siyempre," she shrugged. "Makikipagkumpetisyon pa ang mga iyon kung sino ang maid of honor." She laughed.

"Eh... how about Yshi? Will she have a dress?" I asked and her eyes immediately sparkled like I said something really amazing.

"Of course, if the Mom is invited then the daughter should be, too." She winked at me.

"How many guests did you invite pala?" I asked when I remembered that there seem to be a lot of invitations.

"Close family and friends lang naman," she shrugged and showed me something on her phone. "Mas marami ang inimbitahan ni Vince. They have a lot of connected families. Ako halos sa side lang ni Mommy, kaunti lang ang naimbitahan ko sa side ng Dad ko." She said and gave a small smile.

"I'm so proud of you!" I giggled before pulling her into a hug. "I'm sure Tita is also very proud of you," I whispered before I let her go.

"I know," she chuckled. "Salamat, ah? Tinanggap mo imbitasyon ko at umuwi ka," she said and pulled me on my arm.

My lips curved into a playful smile. I'm thankful for her also. I probably won't be here if she didn't tell me to go. I felt home than ever. Seeing all my friends and being with them last night gave me the greatest feeling I felt apart from seeing my daughter be born.

The thing that I realized was even though I had a house to live in it doesn't mean I am really home. Home is not only the structure where you rest, eat, and stay. Home is where you feel relieved, safe, and belonged. Home is people, home is my friends.