Chapter 20

???:  Listen here young lady, if you don't come here by the time of two months, you can say goodbye to your friends!!

Mei frowns as she reads the message. I cling tightly to the pillow and frown deeper. Mei looks up at me and shrugs. I groan and bury my face in the pillow. I didn't want my friends, nor my soulmates to get hurt by my dad.

I flip over and stare at the ceiling. Mei stands up and gives me a visibly forced smile. I give her one as well before she gives me a bone crushing hug. She was scared, I was too. She let go and backed away a little.

"What are we going to do? I'm out of ideas," Mei says.

I run my fingers through my hair and walk over at a calendar hanging on my wall, "well, he said I have two months... Let's just hope that's enough time for me to get my soulmates..." I trail off, guilt rushing through me. Was putting them in possible danger worth my freedom? They have done nothing and I'm using them for my own selfish want.

"Y/N, I think you should move in with your soulmates." Mei said with worry in her voice.

"WHAT? Why?" I asked, spinning around quickly to look at her, almost losing my balance.

"Because then I wouldn't worry so much about you being by yourself while HE is out there threatening you!" Mei cried while pointing in a random direction, tears gathering in her eyes.

Mei was my best friend and I hated to see my friends cry. I softened my expression and walked over to her, giving her a big hug. "I'm sorry Mei. I know you are only looking out for me, but I just don't want you to be dragged into trouble." I pull away from the hug and sit down on the bed. "I'll think about moving, but I'm really starting to think I'm being as bad as my dad right now."

"Well, you do share part of his DNA." Mei said.

I gave her a side look and frowned, "thanks, that helps a lot."

Mei chuckled and sat down beside me. I rest my head on her shoulder as tears gather in my eyes. I felt weak and helpless, I hated the person I've become, leeching off others for my own selfish needs. I feel a tear fall on my arm and I lose it. I sob as I cover my face with my hands. Am I going to be the bad guy in my life story? Am I going to end up hurting my friends and soulmates because of my selfishness?

Sorry this is short, but I felt like I had you guys waiting a long time, so I decided to give you at least something