Chapter 21

I've been hiding from everyone for about a week. The guilt has been consuming me to the point where I just couldn't look at my soulmates or my friends in the eyes. I felt disgusted with myself. Years of running away did nothing except hurt people. Using my soulmates for my own greedy purpose would only hurt and possibly put my soulmates in danger.

My phone buzzes as another message comes through on my phone. I look at my bed stand, but don't move to get my phone. I finally push myself off my bed and swing my legs over to the edge. I go to stand up, but multiple days of not being used and hunger made me fall to the floor. I deserved this. I caused worse pain to my loved ones, this is my consequence.

I dragged myself to the bathroom and looked in the mirror before crying out. I looked horrible, my hair was a mess and my eyes had bags under them from all the sleepless nights from crying. I ran my fingers through my hair only to get it more tangled. I cried out in frustration before slamming my hands on the sink.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided it was time for a change. It was time for me to stop feeling sorry for myself and face reality. I opened one of the drawers and pulled out a pair of scissors. Grabbing some of my hair, I started to cut my waist length hair. I watched as my black hair fell to the ground and at my feet. Tears stung my eyes as I watched myself cut my hair. After I finished cutting my hair, I brushed it out and swept up the hair on the floor.

After taking a shower, I decided it was finally time to step outside. First, going to a hair salon to fix my hair. Then, I'll go to the grocery store to restock my kitchen since most the food was bad by now or gone. I put a hoodie on and put the hood up to cover my head and putting on sweatpants and sneakers. Grabbing my bag, I leave my apartment and head over to a hair salon.

As I step into the hair salon, I'm greeted by a woman with a strawberry blonde pixie cut hairstyle. I impishly smile as I remove my hoodie and show her the disaster of hair. The woman gives me a knowing smile and leads me to a chair and start to fix my hair. As she fixes my hair, I scroll through my notifications on my phone. My heart aches as I read all the messages from my friends and soulmates, but try to ignore the one message from my dad.

"You seem like you had a rough past," the woman said as she rinsed out my hair.

"yeah, but it doesn't make what I did valid..." I say more to myself than the woman. "I ran away when I should've stayed. I made some wrong choices and hurt those close to me."

"I understand, I met my soulmate while he was dating a different girl, but instead of telling him, I just kept quiet and kept my distance. I watched from the sidelines as my soulmate slowly started to hurt from his girlfriend and I thought it was best for me to leave. But he ended up finding out and breaking up with his girlfriend to be with me." the woman said.

I nod, only half listening as a message from Mei stands out.

Mei: "Hey... are you okay? Your soulmates keep calling us asking about you. They say they can't feel you and are highly worried about you."

I sigh as I send a message back to her as the woman starts to cut my hair.

Me: "Hey, I'm fine. I was just going through an internal battle, but I'm better. I'll call them in a bit and let them know I'm fine."

I put my phone down and sighed. Should I call them or should I text them? Maybe just go over to their place? I internally groan in frustration. The woman styles my hair as I'm deep in thought, but one tap on the shoulder tells me she is done. I look in the mirror and smile, I look way better than I did before, except the slightly noticeable bags under my eyes.

 I look in the mirror and smile, I look way better than I did before, except the slightly noticeable bags under my eyes

I thank the woman as I pay her and decide to not go shopping just yet. I pull out my phone and call Namjoon's  number. The phone kept ringing and I started to think he wasn't going to answer when the ringing suddenly stops and a familiar voice comes through from the other side.

"Y/N?"

What do you think? Is it good?