Character Playlists

Hello everyone! There's a 4 day break in between my Biology and Chemistry right now. Since there's ample time, I spent the entirety of last night crafting playlists for our beloved characters Eliza, Yvette, Kelli, Nienke and Alex! These playlists are what I would imagine them listening to in their spare time. I didn't include Neto because I don't think he would indulge in such activities (and also because all of the Brazilian Portuguese songs I listen to are very, very poppy). Each playlist is 10 songs long. Anyway, on with it!

1. Eliza

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2w5OysK9zNPMoqBi1YzEWz?si=8a86e88fddc84163

As you know, Eliza's a somewhat hardheaded and standoffish person so she also channels that in her music taste. She listens to stuff that's very self-confident and aggressive to complement this part of her personality. "None of that preachy, swoonin' shite they have on the radio all the fuckin' time, aye?"

2. Yvette

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1HCiC4bV2n7cGATcTUQiZ9?si=5e3d2b4ce90b43ed

When Yvette finds something that she deems worthy of research, she goes into workaholic mode and hardly finds time for much else. The music she puts on as she sits in her study is synthy and vibey. This helps her focus at the task at hand. "Well Liz, if you always have your ear out for bad music, that's all you're going to catch..."

3. Kelli

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2G9rap3eo2sNMpHA73qG6j?si=3fb13e23939c4493

Kelli's a very vibrant and bubbly person, though that side of hers is usually subdued due to her her line of work and the colleagues she has. Back home, she loved music and would always put on some pop to fit her mood. Even now, she listens to much of the same things. "Doesn't hurt to loosen up a bit, bro. We get caught up in so much shit all the time, it's easy to forget that the important things are watching the sunrise and smelling the flowers."

4. Nienke

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1xTGZYYXygXLgyxAWxtIhg?si=c0997e3c11e54f2e

Nienke's hearing aids can connect to music via Bluetooth, and that lets her unwind after stressful missions. She's fond of Dutch Electronic artists like DROELOE, Hush and San Holo. Her music can get very weird very fast. "I can't hear you Alex, I'm using the noise-cancelling mode. Yes Alex, on purpose."

5. Alex

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3qNe2GeR6bUf1p2Ss30bNP?si=93e4c5b579b64aac

Alex misses his family back home. The farm, his siblings, his parents and everything. He carries himself as an easygoing person, but he's not proud of a lot of things he's done in his adulthood. Music is one of the ways for him to cope with the guilt and to push him forward towards a better future. "Ah, Nienke. We're both in our early-thirties and you're still sulking like a teenager."