CHAPTER FOUR || HALLUCINATIONS & DISAPPEARANCES

"Nuh uh, I ain't going up there!"

   "I value my life, thank you very much!"

   "Not after Tiba's scream!"

   Nicola exhaled loudly.

   "We need food. I can't just leave Emma, Tiba, and Mohammed up there forever, we need help hauling food down here," Nicola exasperated, waving the light everywhere. "Come on, Ali? Sam? Qasim?"

   "Fine, I'm coming," Sam huffed, holding his hands up in surrender. "But one out of hand move and I'm jumping out the window."

   "Can't guarantee you'll be able to do so, but whatever, come on," Nicola turned the flashlight so it was shining against the stairs leading upstairs.

   And again, the poor remaining students and little kids were left alone with Ali, Qasim, and the remaining fifth and sixth graders.

   In the dark.

✦ ✦ ✦

   "Alright, Sam's here to help - " Nicola paused at the sight of the empty kitchen. The phone Tiba used was still sitting on a counter.

   And the woman was gone.

   "Aight, I'm gonna head out," Sam saluted and walked backwards out of the room, only to stop in his tracks and stare at the corner of the cafeteria.

   "Nicola, bring that phone, someone's standing in that corner."

   Confused, Nicola did as told, and shined both the lights at the corner, and a woman was standing there.

   At least she looked human.

   She was wearing a white mask and was in a black trench coat. She looked pretty.

   "Am I pretty?" she asked, tilting her head innocently.

   "Haram haram, I am not dealing with this today," Sam shook his head and proceeded to leave the room.

   The woman blinked.

   Then asked again.

   "Am I pretty?"

   "I DON'T KNOW, ASK YOUR MOTHER!" Nicola screamed at her. The woman seemed to consider Nicola's answer, but then she frowned (based on her eyes anyway) and took a step forward.

   "Am I pretty?"

   When Nicola saw the dagger in her hand, she just about left the chat.

   "NOW REALLY ISN'T THE TIME, ADIÓS, LADY!"

   "THAT WASN'T IN THE SCRIPT!" she yelled in frustration.

   "YOU WEREN'T IN THE SCRIPT!"

   "SOMEONE GET ME THE POPCORN, I NEED TO WATCH NICOLA ROAST THIS GHOST!"

𝚆𝙴'𝙻𝙻 𝙱𝙴 𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 . . .
ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵗʷᵒ

   "NOW REALLY ISN'T THE TIME, ADIÓS, LADY!"

   Then Nicola proceeded to dash to the door, where Sam was just about to run out.

   "Wait, where are Tiba, Mohammed, and Emma?"

✦ ✦ ✦

   "Not going to lie, I did not envision hiding out in a bathroom on my to-do list today," Emma drawled, leaning against the wall of the bathroom. It was beside the kitchen, and probably the last place anyone would think of looking for them. The three had had to go and hide after the woman had awoken. Emma had knocked her out in the room opposite to the cafeteria (just another door in the kitchen) but there was no telling whether she'd wake up again or not.

   "And why did we leave the phone back in the kitchen?" Tiba asked, rolling her eyes. (not that anyone in the room could see that)

   "No light equals less chance of being found," Mohammed whispered, straining his ears to try and hear movement outside the door.

   They needn't have waited long.

   "Alright, Sam's here to help - " Nicola's voice said, only to pause.

   "Aight, I'm gonna head out," someone who sounded like Sam instantly deadpanned. But after a few seconds of footsteps, he spoke up again.

   "Nicola, bring that phone, someone's standing in that corner."

   The sound of something being picked up was heard, followed by footsteps. And another unfamiliar voice.

   "Am I pretty?"

   "Haram haram, I am not dealing with this today," 'Sam' said, probably shaking his head.

   "Am I pretty?"

   "I DON'T KNOW, ASK YOUR MOTHER!" Nicola screamed.

   "Am I pretty?"

   Jeez this lady has terrible timing.

   "NOW REALLY ISN'T THE TIME, ADIÓS, LADY!"

   Then Nicola proceeded to run in the opposite direction, near the door. Near the door was also the bathroom.

   "Wait, where are Tiba, Mohammed, and Emma?"

   Mohammed pushed open the door and burst out, followed by Emma and Tiba.

   "OKAY, NOW RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Sam shouted before bolting out the door.

   They didn't waste another second and ran.

✦ ✦ ✦

   "WE'RE BACK!" Nicola yelled as the five came running down the stairs. The others jumped as light suddenly flooded their vision from the phones in Tiba and Nicola's hands.

   "Finally! Do you have any idea how creepy it is in the pitch dark?!" Lily exclaimed. "Sara almost lost Abdullah at some point!"

   Sara didn't comment.

   "Sara? You okay?" Emma asked her, looking around.

   No answer.

   "Abdullah, is Sara alright?"

   No answer either.

   Come to think of it, where were the grade one and two? Jawad was the only one from them they could all see.

   At that moment, everyone came to a horrifying conclusion right as Matilda calmly spoke.

   "OH MY GOD THEY'RE GONE!"

   "It's time for salah."

A/N:

so...been a while, ey?

ive been super busy and had no motivation, but i reread the first few chapters and the funny comments and decided 'hEY WHERES THE NEXT CHAPTER?!' and saw it in mah drafts so i finished it alas

CYA NEXT TIME !!