CHAPTER SEVEN || Unsuccessful Call 4 Help & Separation

a/n: HAI IT'S BACK !

IK IT'S BEEN FOREVA BUT IT'S HERE

SORRY I HAD SLIGHT WRITER'S BLOCK + LACK OF MOTIVATION LIKE USUAL

i mean i did have an idea and i couldve updated this sooner but it wouldve kinda ruined the story so im kinda glad i waited-

anyways to the ppl who hyped up the last chapter and the friend irl who suffered for weeks possibly months yelling at me to update 😀

Tiba2711
(U got ur wish)
t

ingal_
Flareongirl360
habshihalwa
(^ for being great support last chapter :D)

Without further ado, happy reading!

*

   The students gathered, sitting down in the hallway. The remaining ones, anyway. So many of them had disappeared within the span of a few hours, it was starting to worry and creep them out.

   Out of nowhere, Malak spoke.

   "Have you guys tried calling 911?" she nodded towards the phones in Nicola and Tiba's hands. Tiba checked hers, but found with horror that it was dead.

   "Let me guess, dead?" Malak exhaled loudly. "I find it weird though that I was able to enter the school considering that you guys couldn't leave. Nicola, how about the phone you have?"

   "It's at... SHOOT IT'S AT TWO- NOW ONE PERCENT!"

   Everyone shrieked and starting shouting 'hurry', panicking. Nicola had never dialed 911 so fast in her life.

   "Yala, answer already!" Tiba huffed, on edge. Malak peeked over to check the screen. Nicola lowered the brightness so to not waste battery just as the call was picked up.

   "911, what's your emergency?"

   The person on the other end of the line sounded unusually cheery and goofy.

   "We're trapped in school and there's no teachers," Nicola said it all as if it was one word. The others sighed in relief, Sam more so, though they were wondering how the dispatcher would've known what Nicola said.

   "Sike, this is a McDonald's drive through! Haha, next time don't prank call, bye and have a nice da-"

   The phone decided to die at that precise moment. Nicola inhaled deeply while the others took a few moments to register what had just happened.

   All of them jumped out of their skins when Ali, Emma, Sam, and Nicola screamed in frustration in unison.

   "OH COME ON!" came from Ali.

   "SERIOUSLY?!" came from Emma.

   "I hate life," Sam deadpanned.

   "AISH, YAH, SERIOUSLY-" came from Nicola followed by her throwing the phone at the locker across from her. It crashed into it and fell to the ground, broken.