Chapter 3 - Last-ditch Effort

Note: This chapter is in RENJUN's POV
             Italics for his thoughts

After thinking about it for the most part of his night, Renjun decided that maybe Yangyang is his last shot at trying to stop this wedding. 

Ugh but how? Do I just go to him and ask him to cancel the wedding? I'll have to explain the whole MarkHyuck thing then.

This is such a headache, Mark and Haechan better name their kids after me if any of this works!

With plans of going to Yangyang's office, Renjun goes to bed but not before shooting a quick text to someone. (who could this be? you'll know later)

Liu YangYang's Office

Standing before to huge office building Renjun's having doubts

Best Case Scenario: Yangyang is a romantic and decides to call off the wedding for MarkHyuck's happily ever after.

Worst Case Scenario: Doesn't call off the wedding and kicks Renjun out of his building or even bans him from attending the wedding! Nah he'll definitely be there at the wedding he's the best man of course.

How long have I been standing here Oh Lord people are staring at me!
Though Renjun's heard about Yangyang he's never bothered to read or watch any of his interviews, shows etc. So he has no what type of person Yangyang is. Haechan said he's nice and he doesn't call anyone nice so . . .

Renjun was pulled out from his thoughts by a very formally dressed lady . . he swears the sharpness could kill him and his artistic side.
"Good Morning, How may I help you?"

"Um can I meet Mr.Liu Yangyang?"

The receptionist takes a look at the screen in front of her before turning back to Renjun
"Mr. Liu is not meeting anyone today? Did you book an appointment before?"

"Oh.. No I didn't" before the other could say something he rushed to add "BUT! This is something urgent!"

"Um Mr.?-

"Huang Renjun"

"Mr.Huang sorry we can't just let someone in-

Ugh I don't want to do this but I guess I have no other choice Renjun pulls out his business card YES the one of The Huang Company and gives it to the receptionist.
"See it's really important just tell him there's someone from Huang looking for him"

Renjun has no idea what Yangyang would think of suddenly meeting a Huang since they have no business connections as of now and have never hinted at such. He doesn't really like using his family privileges like this but Renjun's been doing many things he usually wouldn't do just for his best friends. 

Will you ever find a best friend like me! No I don't think so. I'm doing God's work T-T  Renjun thinks as he waits for the receptionist who is busy calling someone.

Soon someone's taking him up to what he thinks is Yangyang's office (it was where else would they take him?)
As soon as Renjun stepped into the office he was attacked by Yangyang's visual. Yes I was attacked! He looks so much better in person.

Well no wonder Haechan was okay with this marriage and didn't throw a fit like the previous one's...
Renjun realized he was staring at the other so he quickly greeted him. "Nice meeting you Mr.Liu"
Yangyang smiled. Oh gawd that smile WHY IS HE SO HANDSOME? Damn makes me want to have a handsome fiancé.

After greeting each other and Renjun thanking the other for meeting him so suddenly it was finally time to tell him why he's actually here.
Okay I do this. I just have to explain the situation he looks nice he'll understand, right?

Renjun takes a deep breath before looking straight at Yangyang and letting it out slowly
"Yeah so. . . what I came here to ask from you might be a big deal but listen to me carefully before you throw me out or something"
At his words he can see the other straightening up and sitting in a more serious posture. Ah that must his business posture . . .

Gone was the smiling handsome man, the person in front of him now was so intimidating almost like he's a predator zeroing in on him, trying to read his mind? Renjun gulped. Oh shit he looks like he'll rip me apart if I offend him. Is this how I die?

"Hmm what is it?" Even his voice changed? Oh lord I'm so dead. Well here goes nothing.

"Call off the wedding"

Renjun could see Yangyang slowly processing what he heard with a clearly confused expression on his face.

"Excuse me?"

Since it didn't look the other was going to kill him he decided to continue.

"Call of the wedding please"

"And why would I do that" Looks like the other came back to his senses now.

"Um . . you see Haechan- I mean Donghyuck my best friend is in love with someone else"

Oh God why did I start like that! Renjun!! This is why you should paid more attention during those social events your parents host where Sicheng literally charms everyone to agree with whatever deal the company's putting forth. 

Press F in the comments guys Yangyang's expression hasn't changed he looks so intimidating he can devour me right now! and he's not saying anything does he want me to continue . . .uh how do I? Damn it 

__________________________________________________

Sorry  for any grammatical errors and typos!

Do support by voting and dropping a comment so I can keep going!

Thanks! Stay safe <3