Chapter 6 - Wedding Bells? 🔔

Note: This chapter is in RENJUN's POV

Italics for his thoughts 

Renjun's mind raced as he listened to Yangyang's proposal. The idea of getting married to someone he barely knew was daunting, but at the same time, he couldn't ignore the potential benefits it could bring. With a deep breath, Renjun decided to weigh the pros and cons, analyzing the possible outcomes.

Stopping a wedding is one thing, but getting married? What kind of mess am I in now?

On one hand, he wanted to help Haechan be with the person he loved, but on the other hand HE DIDN'T WANT TO GET MARRIED! 
Not like this anyways. What about falling in love, finding the right man?

But Yangyang is a good match, young and rich, tall and handsome . . 

"Ahem Renjun-shi?" 

Yangyang's call made him come back to reality.

"Yes ?"

"I know it's a lot to take in, Renjun. And I understand if you're hesitant. But we could make this work. At least for your friend's sake . . ."

Friend's sake? Yanyang was definitely not doing this for Donghyuck but for himself. He doesn't want to let go of the possibility of being with Renjun. But the latter doesn't need to know that, at least not now.

Renjun paused, his mind racing with conflicting thoughts. He couldn't deny that he was drawn to Yangyang, but he also didn't want to rush into a marriage that had begun as a mere arrangement. 

He just met this guy, and the wedding was in a week. That's clearly not enough time to get to know each other.

Let's think, Renjun. Are there any alternatives? he mused, his gaze returning to Yangyang's face. 
Oh God his handsome face will kill me before I even make a decision. 

Renjun was turning red at the thought of actually getting married to Yangyang. How could he not? 

Well you only live once

"Okay," Renjun mustered, his voice wavering slightly. "Let's give it a shot."

Acknowledging the worst-case scenario - a potentially unhappy marriage - Renjun consoled himself with the knowledge that divorce remained an option. On the other hand, the best-case outcome offered the promise of a peaceful and fulfilling life with Yangyang.

Yangyang was grinning from ear to ear when he heard this but quickly masked his expression before Renjun could look up. 

"Renjun I think you made the best decision." 

"I sure hope so."