Pure Bliss

There she was. The most beautiful specimen of a human that could possibly be.

Giulia.

I was smiling goofily with half my head popping out of the calm ocean waves, looking at her as she stood at the pier, glancing around as she was searching for someone.

That someone being me.

I slowly climbed onto the wooden dock and snuck up on her gingerly. I tapped her on the shoulder with a shy little bop of my finger and she jumped back startled, dropping into the bay.

"Giulia!" I yelped, startled, and reached my hand forward to help pull her out. She smiled at me coyly and it was at that second I regretted my offer of help.

She grabbed hold of my hand and yanked me into the sea after her. I immediately turned light blue again and burst my head up over the waves, seeing her and hearing laughter.

"What was it again, Luca?" She asked, paddling over to me and rotating her hands under the water so she would stay afloat easier, "First thing we planned on doing? Go swimming?"

I gave her a cheeky smile back and swam over closer to her.

"You call that swimming?" I teased and told her to place both her wet hands onto my shoulder and to grip tight.

"What are you doing-"

Before she could finish asking her question I drove us both deep under the water with high speed. She gasped surprised, but I nudged my eyes towards her awkwardly and could see she was laughing and having a blast.

I erupted us both above the waves again, and she took in a deep breath of cold air before we went back under. She gazed on ahead as she rode me like a propeller of a boat.

After another few minutes I pushed us up above the waves for good this time and we both floated there far off in the sea.

Giulia was just wading there as the waves swept around us and when she saw my grinning face, she only burst into giggles, swimming up nearer to me.

"Aren't you afraid?" I asked her cheekily and she looked at me confused.

"Of what?"

"Oh, nothing." I said and circled her in a teasing swim, "Just of sharks, killer whales... me?"

"Ha ha!" She laughed and pushed me away gently, playing my game, "You could never scare me, Luca. And I can handle any shark."

"Hmm..." I hummed out loud and then pointed off into the distance of a fin that was piercing out of the water.

Giulia kept smiling until she saw the fin too, and all of a sudden yelped and grabbed hold of me for protection.

"SHARK! SHARK!" She screamed and tried to pull me back to the bay with her, "WHY ARE YOU NOT SWIMMING?"

We could hear it then, the laughter coming from the sea creature.

"Wait..." Giulia continued and pulled me slightly to the side, looking at the creature the fin belonged to, "That's not a shark."

She was right about that. It wasn't a shark at all... but dolphins.

In a matter of seconds, three dolphins swarm around us and did jumps through the air excitedly.

"Wow," Giulia said, watching them with amazed eyes, eyes in awe, "This is incredible."

"Grab one," I told her and she startled back in the water at my suggestion, "And ride it like a bike."

"Ha ha," She chuckled nervously and grabbed hold of the closest dolphin's fin. She was pulled away quickly and I followed, leaping with the dolphins every time they did.

I could see her face the whole time, how she was loving this moment and not regretting a thing.

We soon headed back to the town and I helped her out of the water, lifting her and placing her carefully on the dock.

She was shivering all over, trembling as her wet clothes stuck to her and I approached her, shaking my own self off like a dog.

"What now?" She asked, and both our eyes turned to up the hill where the bikes were kept. She slowly turned her daring eyes at me, and I could see the spark I loved in them again. It made my heart flutter and I nodded, just as brave.

We both were up on the high hill within minutes and I grabbed a bike but saw Giulia was about to get one for herself so I rang my bell at her and she paused, glancing over.

"Come on my one!" I told her and she smirked, placing her hand on her hip and I just playfully rang my bell again.

"Okay, because I trust you." She finally responded with, and climbed on the bike's back seat. I stood up and began to press my feet down hard on the peddles. Seconds later we were zooming down the paved hill path and we cheered and cooed as we dived down the steep road.

I saw Giulia do it then, lift up both her arms and hold them like a bird learning to fly.

She looked majestic, and as I watched her I suddenly lost concentration, my whole body awestruck.

"Luca,"

"Yeah...?"

"LUCA!"

I suddenly turned my eyes back ahead of me and saw it coming, a wall of a house right in our way. I immediately skidded the bike left and stopped there on the spot.

Giulia fell backwards into my arms and we both sat there for a moment, blushes painting all over our cheeks. She looked at me, I at her, and then the bike crashed to the ground, the two of us with it.

We hit that pavement hard, but I used my body to cushion Giulia's impact as best I could and she did have a softer landing which relieved me.

As she began to get up she fell forward on her feet and crashed into me again, our noses bumping one another slightly and our eyes piercing into one anothers... like there was a hot heat in that space that only we could feel.

"Haha..." She laughed awkwardly and finally came to her knees, forgetting about standing as she'd probably tumble on me again. I slowly sat down as well and she looked at me, her eyes full of excitement and heated passion.

Without even realizing it, both our heads were drawing closer to the others and within a second our mouths touched.

It lasted so little time but felt like a blissful eternality. When we realized what had happened we quickly broke apart and we sat there in the heat of the sun, just giggling awkwardly.

"Well, I can scratch that off my bucket list."

"Scratch..." I asked, delirious from what had just occurred, "...what?"

"To get a kiss from the boy of my dreams," She said back quite easily, and when she realized what she had said she gasped, cupping her mouth with her hand.

I smiled shyly and stood back up on my feet, offering her my hand. She took it slowly and when she was back on her own two feet she didn't let go... and neither did I.

"Ice cream?" I asked and she grinned shyly, "Cos you look hot. I mean, smoking- I-I mean."

"Love some," She said with a wink and kissed me on the cheek. I would've died a happy adolescent at that moment, but I still had my life ready to live.

As we headed to the town, Giulia handed the coins to the ice-cream man and he handed us two delicious cones.

We licked the frozen cream and goofed around at the docks, our legs hanging down and wavering there on the edge.

"This day, Luca." She said to me, "This day was-"

"Perfect..." I interrupted and looked over at her. Giulia closed her mouth and gently nodded her head in reply.

"...perfect."

"There's only one thing missing."

The two of us froze when we heard that cool calm voice from behind us and we both turned around, seeing Alberto there with his hands placed confidently on his hips.

"Me."