Chapter Four

Carl's POV

"Man to think we were about to walk past." Dad said as the group walked closer to the prison. 

"Yeah but look at it. There's no way we can clear it." Beth sighed. 

"Not today, but look at it! It's a goldmine! We just have to clear it out one section at a time" Dad said and that's what we did. Slowly, we cleared out a cell block and called it home for the time being. Hana chose a cell further down from the group, it worried Glenn but her defense was 'a growing girl needs some privacy'.

"Carl would you like to come?" Dad asked as a small group got ready to make a trip to find the infirmary and the cafeteria. 

I took my gaze off of Hana and looked over to mom and Carol who sat next to each other talking away. "I think I will stay back this time, just incase anything happens." I answered as he nodded his head and handed me a pair of keys. 

"Be on standby." He said as he got up and rallied the group together.

The past few months I grew so nervous to be around her. She was beautiful and she had her own gravitational pull that made everyone relax. I felt like I wasn't good enough for her. She can hold such intelligent and interesting conversations meanwhile all I can say is 'cool' and 'okay' like a moron. Yet she laughs at my jokes and still wants to be around me. Maybe she feels obligated to since I'm someone around her age. Maybe I'm over thinking it. I'm not terrible at holding conversations and making a girl actually laugh has to be a bonus. Plus I would like to think I'm cute, a hair cut wouldn't kill me. 

"Hey." I said to Hana as I approached her. 

"Hey!" She smiled as she place her backpack on her bunk. 

"Why did you really set your bed all the way over here?" I asked as her eyes lit up and she smiled brightly. 

"Do you really wanna know?" She asked as I second guessed myself but I nodded my head. "Okay, but you seriously cannot tell anyone." She said as he stuck out her pinky. 

"I promise." I said as we interlocked out pinkies.

"A few months ago we stayed at a house for 2 weeks." She started as she went to get her backpack.

"Oh I remember that, it was cold as shit. Damn near froze my balls off." I recalled. 

"Right! Well I got really board and I needed my mind to focus on something else other than math or another lesson from Hershel. So I decided to explore the basement. At first it looked like any other basement. Had it's laundry machines, a little gaming set up, and a restroom. I don't know how I spotted it, but there was a false wall. I pushed it and it led to a secret room." She explained as she pulled out a rolled up blue paper. 

"Where are you going with this?" I asked as she had my complete interest. 

"Shhh, I'm getting there. Whoever use to live there did not like Trump at all because they had a detailed outline of the Trump Tower and a lot of unfinished explosives. I personally think they were planning a terrorist attack, but I did find these babies!" Hana exclaimed as she unrolled the blue prints. 

"What exactly am I looking at?" I asked. 

"Well Carl, this one is a blue print for a pipe bomb and this one is for a frag grenade." She answered as I choked on air. 

"Wait what the fuck?! Hana I know you're like-" "Don't you dare say it. I'm tired of everyone saying that. I'm not a Professor X, I just have really good photographic memory. That's all. Plus, if I can successfully make these think about how useful they can be in the time of need?" Hana interrupted.