Chapter Seven

Hana's POV

"So..." Nathan said as he leaned against the bookshelf. I looked up from the book I had in my hands and looked over to him.

"Whatcha doing?" Ethan's voice popped up as I looked to my other side and see Ethan mocking Nathan's posture.

"I'm trying to find a book to read, you know since this is a library." I responded as I looked back to the book in my hands. There was a silence as I stood there feeling the twin's eyes burn into my head. "What do you guys want?" I asked as they sighed in relief.

"I thought you were never going to ask!" The twins said in unison as they followed me to the group of kids where Carol waited patiently for my return.

"Did you know they're fighting over you right now?" Ethan said as Nathan nodded his head.

"Who is?" I asked as I handed .

"Oh you know." Nathan said as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay kids it's story time!" I said as I handed the book to Carol and watched all the kids gather together.

"We almost got caught last time, so please make sure Rick is distracted." Carol whispered.

"I'm pretty sure Carl and Patrick has the taken care of." I whispered back. "Okay thing one and thing two where are they?" I asked the twins as their face lit up and took my hands.

"Don't you wanna know what's going on?" Nathan asked as I took my hands away from their grip and walked a different direction.

"Honestly I already know what's going on." I called out as the twins grabbed my wrists again.

"Oh so you know what Carl did and that Patrick thinks." Ethan said as took my wrist away from them again.

"If they want to be little bitches and fight then let them! There's nothing in it for me, they just want attention. If Carl wants to mess with other girls let him and if Patrick can't accept that I don't like him then let him! There is nothing I can do about it." I snapped as I stormed off. I get that there's nothing much to do in this world nowadays, but succumbing to worthless drama was not my cup of tea.

For a moment I thought that Carl and I had a connection up on that guard tower again. Leave it to good ol' Carl to mess it up. No, I shouldn't blame him. Leave it to me to put some faith in him again. I can't believe I thought I could make it work between us. I couldn't believe that I still had feelings for him. And Patrick?! Sweet Patrick, why couldn't he just accept the fact that I turned him down. Is he doing this just to spite Carl? To prove a point?

"Whoa there kid!" Daryl's voice exclaimed as I almost bumped into him while he held a plate of food. "Whatcha doing with your head so far up your ass?" He asked as he examined his plate.

"I'm just pissed off." I responded as I scratched my arm.

"Wait, the Hana Rhee being mad? You have emotions?!" Daryl scoffed as I nodded my head. "Wow, do you want to talk about it or anything? I'm not much of a counselor, but I do give good advice and listen."

"It's just mindless drama, no need to worry about it. Thank you though." I said as I bowed my head slightly and went back to the direction of my cell.

"What a shame. I have a Baby Ruth, but I don't like them and will not have it... what a waste." Daryl said with lingering tone.

"Hmmm... okay let's go talk." I said as he handed me the chocolate bar.

Carl's POV

After the night at the guard tower I couldn't get Hana out of my head again. I felt how I did five years ago: nervous, happy, liked. I hated that feeling, but when she was around I loved it. A week later I found myself at the infirmary where Hana was talking to her dad.