Introductions

(A/N: I'm not a doctor nor a psychologist. This is just a fanfiction. Do not take any medical advice given seriously. You could have the opposite of the intended effect.)

Y/n's POV

I slowly open my eyes to see the peeling wallpaper of my old room and smell a foul burn 'must have been a dream'. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and look for pants. After finding some pants I walk out to see mother with her pipe and a gun.

Mother: You're late with my money!

I flinched at the calm anger seeping from her words. Something I learned all to well how to do.

Y/n: I-I'm sorry it won't happen again.

Mother: You're right... It won't.

She pointed the handgun at me and I heard the shot fire my eyes shoot open and I sit up and let out a scream. Before I know it my door is open and I see Mike in the door way with a concerned look on his face.

Mike: Lass you alright?!

My face must have shown more emotion than I was anticipating because he rushes over and envelops me in a hug and I start to sob.

Y/n: I-I'm s-sorry.

Mike: Why are you sorry?

Y/n: I-I must look pathetic f-for crying over a bad dream.

Mike: No you're not pathetic we all have a certain things that get to us. They might seem a little to one person but to another it's a huge deal.

After he said that there was a comfortable silence between us for I don't know how long. I had stopped crying and then Mike said.

Mike: How about we go get some food and then take you to see Harry eh?

Y/n: S-Sounds good to me.

I walk over to my bag and grab a hoodie from it and we walk out the door. The walk there was in a comfortable silence and before we enter the cafeteria I look at Mike and say.

Y/n: Thanks Mike.

Mike: Anytime Y/n.

We enter the cafeteria Mike leads me to a table with three people dressed similar to him and then he introduces them.

Mike: lads this is Y/n. Y/n these are the rest of the SAS here at rainbow. Mark codename Mute.

Mute: *silent nod*

Mike: James codename Smoke or as everybody else likes to call him war crime.

James: Ello (hello) and only he calls me war crime.

Mike: and last but not least Samus codename Sledge.

Samus: Evening lass.

Mike: All right lads I'm going to go grab us some food don't mess with her.

Mark: I'll keep them in line.

Mike: Thanks Mark.

James: So kid what did you do to impress Eliza?

Y/n: I-I don't know.

Samus: Will you be joining us for PT tomorrow?

Y/n: What time is PT?

Samus: 0500 it lasts about hour and a half then we get breakfast about 0630 and then we go about doing our duties for the rest of the day lunch is at noon and dinner is at 1900.

Y/n: Probably I need to do some time zone calculations first. PT's at 0500 here that means it would be midnight back in the US. So I should be able to join you for PT.