𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

___

I woke up to Johnny peacefully snoring on my lap, his hair was intertwined with my fingers and the book laid lazily on his neck.

I gently moved one of my hands from Johnny's hair and rubbed my temples.

Last night had made me sick to my stomach, Dally must've been fuming with anger.

Johnny stirred awake and gently sniffled.

I removed my remaining hand from his hair but he then let out a groan.

He grabbed a hold of my wrist and laid it softly back in his black hair.

I giggled to myself and started to massage the back of his neck which made him wake up fully.

He laughed at his ticklish spot and hovered over me, his arms beside my waist.

His cheeks darkened as he started to panic.

"Kat! Why didn't you stop me!?"

He got up off the sofa and dusted his grey shirt.

"I couldn't help myself Johnny cakes"

He rolled his eyes. "I hate it when you call me that."

"Johnny cakes?"

I sat up, watching him sit back down beside me, his cheek turned the other way.

"Mhm"

"You don't seem to mind when everyone else calls you that"

I nervously bit my fingernail, it was one of my biggest fears that I would overstep something now that i'm in the gang.

They were all I truly had left, I didn't care about school, or my other girl friends, I just wanted- no, needed, to be with them.

"Exactly, you ain't everyone else." He still didn't face me.

"I'm sorry johnny cake- I mean johnny. I won't do it anymore, ok?" I rested my chin on his shoulder.

He stiffened and then finally faced me. His cheeks were a dark red and his lip had been bitten so hard that blood started to seep.

I furrowed my brows and swiped my thumb over his bottom lip. He exhaled deeply and stared into my eyes.

He then quickly got up and retrieved his jean jacket from the floor, throwing it over his shoulder.

"U-uh I-I gotta go, t-thanks for letting me stay overnight Kat" He stuttered anxiously.

I got up slowly and grabbed his arm before he could leave through the front door.

I pulled him into a friendly hug and tickled the back of his neck which made him squirm.

"Thanks Johnny"

"Mhm!"

He started out the door and quickly looked back.