𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐈| 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

"THANKS FOR DINNER TONIGHT BABE." Altheya said as Luke pulled their car into the driveway of the house. Luke had put the cark into park and took off his seatbelt so that he could give Altheya a quick peck on the cheek. Altheya giggled feeling Luke's chin stubble rub against her cheek.
Altheya grinned as soon as she unclasped her own seatbelt at the sight of five dozen roses that littered her front steps and into the driveway.
"Oh wow! Luke you shouldn't have!"

Altheya exclaimed as she let herself out of the car.

But as Luke watched his girlfriend exit the car, he raised a brow suddenly, catching a quick glimpse of the five dozen bouquets of red roses that were littered all along the steps and driveway.

Altheya came around the back of the car to kiss him again but Luke stopped her.

"Bea, I... I didn't do this..." Luke replied giving Altheya an awkward smile as he massaged the back of his neck with his right hand.

Altheya tilted her head towards him.

"If this wasn't you then..." She trailed off and as soon as she stopped talking a light bulb went off in her head.

"Shit." Altheya exclaimed as she walked quickly into the apartment without even taking a second glance at Luke or the piles and piles of roses in her driveway.

Once Altheya was safely inside the apartment, Luke looked around and began to pick up the boquets of flowers. It wasn't long until the front door to the apartment opened, revealing his good bandmate Ashton who had already jumped off the front steps and began to help him pick up the remaining flowers. Luckily Ashton had been watching from the window and he had come out of the apartment holding an empty laundry basket, hoping it would help them pick up the flowers quicker. And it did.

"Dude, you must really like Bea then, huh? I mean I love Dora but I would never have been able to pull this off." Ashton laughed as he picked up four bouquets and plopped them into the white plastic laundry basket that he was holding.

Luke nodded. "I really really like her dude! But... I uh..." He looked down at the rest of the flowers that still littered the walkway. "I didn't send them..." He gave Ashton a sheepish-looking smile and drew a deep breath.

Ashton stared at him wide-eyed, almost dropping the half-filled laundry basket onto the driveway once he heard Luke's confession.

"Woah. Then who sent them, if it wasn't you Luke? Ashton asked as he placed another bouquet into the basket.

Luke sighed. "I think it was Altheya's ex, from that Italian band. They won Eurovision? I can never pronounce their name.

Ashton nodded. "Ah. Right. Måneskin."

"Yeah. Måneskin." Luke responded a with a light chuckle eminating from his lips. But his eyes said otherwise.

"Come on Ash, we're almost done." Luke commented finally as he dropped the last remaining handfuls of the leftover bouquets into the basket.

Ashton picked up the basket and let Luke open the door for him once the boquets of roses were all cleaned up.

"It'll be fine dude, I'm sure this was just some kind of misunderstanding." Ashton tried to explain once the two boys entered into the house.

Luke shook his head before locking the front door behind Ashton. "Yeah, right." He laughed again before leaving the basket full of flowers at the door. He needed to clear his head, and the best way to do that was to go write a song... or at least try too.

Ashton just shrugged before entering the kitchen to find his girlfriend but she was nowhere to be found.
"Dora?" Ashton called again once more. After a few more moments of silence he heard a shout from upstairs.