SCENE 04 (TAKE 02)

Throughout the entire contract signing process, Taehyung felt stupid

Throughout the entire contract signing process, Taehyung felt stupid. Incredibly stupid.

How did he not see this coming? Well, he couldn't have anyway. There wasn't much of a warning to work with or a way to protest, and before he knew it, he was sitting right next to Jeon Jeongguk while their managers discussed all the details.

It wasn't long until he was signing his name on the dotted black line beneath his, confirming his fate for the next few months.

This was actually happening.

He was going to act with Jeon Jeongguk. The same Jeon Jeongguk he met a year ago and went out of his way to treat him like absolute shit.

Jeongguk didn't look as annoyed as Taehyung expected him to be. However, he was still treating him the same way he did all that time ago. It was as if he was nothing and his entire existence wasn't important enough in his field of vision.

Well, not that it mattered. But Taehyung swore he was ignoring him on purpose just to rile him up.

He wondered if Moonhee knew about this. If any of the Jeons knew their estranged son was back in South Korea. Judging by how nonchalant Jeongguk acted, the answer was obvious: they most likely didn't. If that was the case, he supposed there was a reason Jeongguk went under an alias and dressed up like he was going to commit a bank heist.

When everything was finalized and the executives filtered out of the room, the last ones left were their managers, Taehyung, and of course, Jeongguk.

As if this day could get any better.

"That could've been worse," Jeongguk was the first to speak. He pushed himself away from the table, his arms stretching up behind his head. While he yawned, his gray shirt rose a little over his stomach, revealing a hint of muscle beneath Taehyung caught an accidental glimpse of.

Taehyung immediately whipped his head the other way, hating how his ears burned as he propped his arm on the table and rested his chin on his palm. He really needed to sleep.

Nearby, he could hear Penn laugh and say, "Agreed."

"So," Hoseok drummed his hands over the table gathering all of their attention. "You're a Jeon?"

He didn't have to be looking at Jeongguk to hear the smirk in his words, "Yep, I am. I'm a Jeon."

"But you go by Jack J. in America?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow. Jeongguk nodded. "Why?"

"He has a thing for stupid, generic pseudonyms. Thinks it makes him look clever," Penn added. "And he's not exactly welcomed here."