SCENE 05 (TAKE 02)

"You can't just go somewhere 'cuz you're bored!"

"Watch me," Jeongguk said, not giving Taehyung a proper chance to catch up.

"We literally got chased down by a sasaeng!" He nearly shouted, doing anything to gain Jeongguk's attention, but he seemed to be focused on kicking loose pebbles of concrete on the sidewalk.

"It wasn't my sasaeng," He shrugged. At that, Tae's jaw dropped, his brows crumpling together.

"Did you really just say that?" Taehyung spat.

"I just said it, so yes?" Jeongguk hummed.

Taehyung's expression went slack. This guy was basically impossible to read. If anything, he would he wasting time trying to figure him out. Sighing, he ran his hands down his face, trying to at least find a grip on whatever their current situation was.

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

"I actually don't know," Jeongguk came to an abrupt, almost causing Taehyung to crash right into his back. He cursed at him, but he simply ignored him. What a surprise.

"You don't know?" Taehyung frowned, crossing his arms over his chest as Jeongguk whipped around to meet his narrowed gaze. He shook his head.

"I don't know where I'm going," Jeongguk said quietly, like a part of him was embarrassed about it. Although Taehyung supposed he was just imagining things seeing that Jeongguk's expression remained unbothered.

"But you told Penn you knew where you were going?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah," He nodded. "So she wouldn't worry." He added like it was obvious.

"Well, didn't you live here for a bit?" Taehyung asked, jutting his chin toward him, deciding that was a decent reason.

"I haven't been in Seoul since I was 17. Even then, I wasn't really allowed out," Jeongguk admitted nonchalantly. "I'm currently 22."

"You're 22?" He blinked. Jeongguk nodded. Oh, wow. He didn't think he was that older than him. "I'm 24. Almost 25, actually."

"Neat," Jeongguk said. Taehyung wondered why his weak reaction made his stomach twist. Whatever it was, he shoved the thought aside and scoured his mind for any ideas. He was sure that if they went back way too early, Hoseok and Penn would probably murder them both.

"You sure you haven't been anywhere cool in Korea?" Taehyung asked, attempting one last time to get something out of him. Jeongguk licked his own lips and shook his head yet again.

"I don't know what idea of me you have in that pretty head of yours but no," Jeongguk said wryly. Taehyung scowled. Did he just call him pretty? Or was he hearing things?

"I'm not a 'criminal', if that's what you're thinking."

"Well, I wasn't thinking that," He said lightly, biting down on his own lip. Well, that wasn't a complete lie. Jeongguk rolled his eyes, murmuring a quiet "sure."