[twenty] Interview

Jamie Jenson, most commonly known for her roles as Elizabeth May Stark in th MCU and Haley Dunphy in "Modern Family", was kind enough to sit down for an interview with us after her photoshoot

Jamie Jenson, most commonly known for her roles as Elizabeth May Stark in th MCU and Haley Dunphy in "Modern Family", was kind enough to sit down for an interview with us after her photoshoot. We talked about all things MCU and even just things about her life off set.

Interview
Bold- Jamie
Italics- interviewer

Thank you so much for taking this time to sit and chat with us! We are so excited to talk with you.

It's honestly a pleasure, vouge has been a favorite magazine of mine since I was a little girl.

This must be a dream come true then. Speaking of dreams come true, what has life as a marvel actor been?

It truly is. Being apart of the marvel family is unlike anything I could dream of. Starting off in 2008 at 18 was crazy. I actually didn't even audition for the role of Lizzy May, I didn't think I was the right person looks wise. But after my audition they asked me to read a bit of her lines and they apparently loved it.

I couldn't see anyone else playing this character but you. How has it been going back and forth between Marvel and Modern Family?

Honestly, kind of difficult. I'll forget which set i'm on and think i have a scene with Robert, when in reality he's not in the show.

That seems to be a pretty difficult task. Now you mentioned Robert Downey Jr, who plays your on screen marvel dad, what is you relationship with him and other stars in the MCU?

Robert is actually like a dad to me. My actual father passed when I was a little girl, so I grew up with out a dad. But as soon as I joined the set of the first Ironman movie, Rob took me under his wing and has treated me like his own daughter. It honestly makes playing Tony Starks daughter much easier, as our dynamic is much like the two in the movies. Now as for everyone else, it really depends on who we're talking about.

Alright, how about I say a name and you describe how your friendship with them is?

That's a great idea, I can slip in some making fun of the guys as pay back for the stuff they tease me for during press tours.

Okay, let's start off with Elizabeth's on screen best friend, Captain America himself, Chris Evans.

Ah, Christopher Robert Evens. He is honestly my on and off screen best friend. Or really more like big brother. We act like siblings, from always making fun of each other to prank wars on set, to posting embarrassing BTS pics trying to out embarrass the other. I honestly can't imagine how my life would be without him around.

We love the BTS pictures from the two of you, especially during Civil war with the ab window picture. With the topic of civil war, let's talk about Elizabeth Olsen, I've seen myself that the two of you are very close.

Lizzy is my platonic soulmate. We didn't meet on set like everyone else. We actually met back in 2011 when I was out with Scarlett [Johansson] and spilled coffee all over her. From then on we were like two peas in a pod. I tell her everything, from weird things I see when walking to whoever my celebrity crush is at the time. Me, her and Scarlett are like the three musketeers. I love the two of them more than anyone in the world, aside from my family.

Oh, celebrity crushes? Have any of your costars been a celebrity crush before you met them?

I get teased about this all the time by everyone, but I used to be madly in love with Chris Evans and Hemsworth when I was a teen. But now they are two of my best friends and two thirds of what I like to call my bearded boys.

Your bearded boys? That's amazing. Besides Chris squared who's the third in the trio?

That would be Sebastian Stan. The three of them, no matter how much Evans despises it, are my bearded boys. It's a fairly new thing, just started with the filming of infinity war when Chris Evans was finally able to bring bearded cap to the screen.

That is quite the trio, if I do say so myself. Now fans all over the world want to know what is the relationship between you and Sebastian? There has been speculation for the last three years that the two of you have been an off and on couple, is there any truth to those rumors?

Haha, no me and Seb are just friends. After the girls and Chris he's my best friend. We have had these times we would hang out just the two of us and I would call them our "friend dates", a reference to Chris Evans movie "Play it cool", and we'd post about them on Instagram. Now our was of posting about them might make it seem as though we are dating someone, as we choose not to tag the other and our faces are never in the pictures, so I've come to understand where the rumors have come from. But I hate to break the hearts of my #jenstan fans out there, but me and Sebastian are just friends and nothing more.

Well that's a bit sad, i for one am an avid #jenstan shipper. I also have noticed it's a 50/50 battle with your fans over team #jenstan and team #jevans. But enough about other marvel actors, what I really want to know is if there is any future plans for your character. Will she get her own stand alone movie? Will she appear in any upcoming episodes of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."?

I can't say for sure any plans we have for Lizzy May, but I can say she'll return in the #Lucky miniseries we have been working on since the beginning. But aside from what the Russo brothers have already said, I can't say any more.

Too bad you can't say anymore about your character's future. Now we are almost out of time, but I have one more question for you. If you could play any other role in the MCU which role would you play?

In all honesty I would love to play either Peggy Carter or Wanda Maximoff. I don't think anyone could do better than Hayley Atwell and Elizabeth Olsen, but out of any other characters I would love to play one of those two. I've even joked around with Lizzie about switching roles for a day. We tried once on set of Age of Ultron, but we scolded and haven't tried since.

I could definitely see you playing an amazing Scarlett Witch,but I personally agree about no one being better than Elizabeth Olsen for the role. It looks like that's all we have time for today. Thank you again for taking the time to chat with me.

It was a pleasure, thank you for having me.

————