author's note

I can't believe it took me so long to finish mister runaway, but here we are!

I think this is my third finished fic in 2021? I haven't been doing too well in that sense  BUT I DIGRESS

In the epilogue, I wanted to make the two different character's points of view. So for the first wedding, we focused mostly on Hoseok, while for the second one, we focus on Yoongi. A lot of the concepts remained the same. You could notice how the first wedding versus the last wedding had many similarities, and if you go back, you see some of the same lines being thought by each of the characters. 

IMAGINE IF I HAD MADE YOONGI RUN AWAY HAHAHA THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY.

Anyways, there are parallels b/c I am a whore for that type of stuff. Taehyung number one SOPE supporter, I don't accept criticism!

I thought about doing a prologue versus epilogue as I was finishing writing mister runaway, and I did kinda curse myself for not thinking about that sooner. However, I was able to use both weddings for the epilogue, so I guess it wasn't too bad. 

I hope the epilogue did the story justice! I didn't want to leave it at the end of just the group chat, so I decided that I would do an extended epilogue instead. I know that some of you also wanted to see the wedding, and although I didn't go too into it (as was the purpose because the book was more focused on the 'ditching the altar' as opposed to the thematic of a wedding itself). 

Thank you so much for reading my first ever social media au! Didn't think I was ever going to do something like this, but now I am invested. Could just be my ego, but I grew tired of not seeing good ass social media/texting aus that were up to my standards (I just got that sophisticated taste in humor, y'know?), so obviously I had to take one for the team and write one for myself with my impeccable humor.

(^ I'm only kidding, maybe ^)

So, back in the day when I was first writing fanfictions (years ago y'all), I used to write BTS members x OC, and that's what helped stem the idea for this story. The original was called "miss runaway", and the overall plot was a bit different. I hadn't decided what member it was going to be centered on, but the OC was going to be at her wedding, and then she'd run away. While running away, she'd end up bumping into one of the members and that started a whole thing. Obviously, that original draft is not this, considering that Yoongi and Hoseok don't meet after Hoseok runs away from the first wedding but SHHHH.

I usually don't care for side ships (in terms of what ship to use and stuff), but I felt that Minimoni would best fit the "clueless but not actually and the simp" trope that I just made up right now KJFHGSDLGSD and Jinkook reflected something that Sope had gone through too, so I think these were perfect fits for mister runaway.

I particularly liked how much of a child/baby I depicted Jungkook to be, mostly because that's how I see most people seeing him as, which ended up becoming a problem for Jinkook (obv on purpose). Alludes slightly to real life like Jungkook a grown-ass man but he do be babied and treated like a child even though his ass is older than most of us 😪✋🏻

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it <3

As always, if you enjoyed Mister Runaway, make sure to check my other books out if you haven't! 

I asked what you guys would be interested in reading next, and while it was a close call, I will be starting A Cliched Affair, the teaser for it should be out by tomorrow, but I won't begin updating until July 3rd or the 5th. The first chapter is already written, but I gotta take a little breather, you know? Once I start a book, I cannot stop so I'll keep it with me until I do start.

I was going to release it at the same time as I finished this book, but I haven't finished setting up the like first page (that I always do in my fics) and then I got a brilliant idea so I'm going to be messing around with Photoshop today <3

In any case, I hope you join me on that ride! It's going to be fun (I'm pretty excited, to be honest). A new genre, a new style of writing for me, so we'll see how it goes!

I will be writing other social media au's in the future, so if you're interested in those, then make sure to follow me, so you can be up to date whenever I do publish another one! 

Thank you for reading! I love you guys so much, you mean the literal world to me. Thank you for always giving me the chance to be able to share my works with you guys ❤️

Until Next Time!

~ Scar

p.s for those who were wanting amoris stellarum, I promise she'll be here eventually, but you should follow me so you actually get notified of her return 😏‼️