Chapter 1

Manager: Due to low sales this year, I'm sorry Justin but we are gonna have to let you go.

Justin: Low Sales? But we work at a law firm.

Manager: I'm sorry there is nothing else to be said.

Justin: Excuse me? You're letting me go? I gave this job 8 years of my life. I'm one of the best lawyers you have! What you mean let me go? Stop playing.

I sigh with my eyes closed with frustration.

Justin: ....Tae. Don't do this! I need this job. How am I supposed to take care of myself huh? How am I supposed to take care of OUR son?

Tae: Miranda and I...

Justin: Miranda?!

Tae: And I are deciding to work on our marriage. And you being here is making things difficult. I'll make sure Kyro is taken care of. But as for you, I suggest you hurry up and get to that unemployment line. We are done. Have your company car here with the keys by Monday. Oh and the lease is up at the end of the month.

Justin: Tae!!

Tae: You have so much to do so I'll let you have the rest of the day off.

As he walks out of my office.

Tae: Oh yea and have Kyro's stuff packed. I think it would be best for him to stay with us.  You know with you about to be homeless and all.

Justin: You ain't taking my son no fucking where you bastard.

Tae runs me up the wall making me a foot taller and wraps his hands around my neck.

Tae: Don't get shit fucked up Jus. You know who the fuck I am! Have my son packed on Monday or I swear to God. If my men have to come to that house it won't be good for you.

Justin: Get off of me Tae!

He roughly lets me go and walk out the office as I fall heaving for air.

Justin: Fuck you Tae!

I gotta get out of here.

**********

Kyro: Dad what are you doing home so early? Where's Nanny Rosa? She promised to take me to the fair today!

Justin: How about hey Dad. Oh hey son. How are you? How was school?

Kyro: Dadddddd.

He whines.

Justin: I have a better idea? But it's gonna be a surprise! And you have to help me pack ok?

Kyro: Eww where we going dad? Oh man. Is pop coming? How long will we be gone?! Pop is supposed to take me to the basketball game Monday.

Justin: KYRO! You're doing way too much right now. Go in your room and pack some clothes. With your toothbrush. Don't forget your tooth brush. Ok?

Kyro: Ok Dad.

Kyro runs upstairs as I run to my room and grab my cell phone.

******
Janette: Hey Wuz

Justin: Bitch I gotta get outta here. Niggas tryna kill me and shit. You not taking my fucking son. Fuck that. Over my dead fucking body.

Janette: Wait! wait JUSTIN! Calm down! What the fuck is going on?

Justin: It's Tae.

I cry

Justin: Him and Miranda decided to get back together.

Janette: Omg Justin. Are you ok?

Justin: Fuck no. But I can't think of that right now. I need to get out of here. He closed all my bank accounts and he wants Kyro. I don't know what to do.

Janette: Come Home Justin!  

Justin: Hell No Nettie! It's too much bad memories there.

Janette: Bitch would you rather have bad memories or be a memory? You haven't been home in 8 years. The family would love to see you. I still feel bad that I'm the only one who knows anything about Kyro. Just come home Justin.

Justin: What about Daddy?

Janette: Boy you are a grown man now. Daddy ain't got no say so. The only thing he's gonna be mad about is his son having his only grandson that he knew nothing about.

I sigh

Justin: Fine.  But I'm coming to stay with you. I don't wanna see anybody yet.

Janette: Well ok. You know me, Robert, and Alllllll 4 of your nieces would love to have you. Eww child and this one here got a mind of her own.

She says pointing to her growing belly.

Justin: On second thought, I'm gonna find an Airbnb.

Janette: I'm glad we could talk.

Justin: Bye Janette

Janette: Bye Juzzy Wuzzy. I'm so excited. I better see you here no later than tomorrow or I'm coming down with Allllll 5 of your nieces and we gonna turn shit up.

Hey guys August Write here! I'm back with another banger. Make sure to comment. And I would love to see where y'all think this story is going to go! What I have in mind I don't think you guys will see coming!