Chapter 3

So I've been back home for a week now. And I must say, I'm not loosing my mind lol. I've unpacked all of our things. It was only 2 suitcases but let me vent here. I was even able to get a interview next week at this law firm. So I'm on the roll. For that, Janette suggested we go out to celebrate. And knowing her, ugh who knows where she's taking me. But that's what I'm getting ready for now.

Kyro: So where we going dad?

Justin: Well your aunt Nettie and I are going to hang out. And YOU are going to aunt Netties house to hang out with your cousins and your uncle Robert.

Kyro sucks his teeth.

Kyro: But I wanna turn up too!

He says dancing on the wall.

Justin: You gonna turn your ass up in that bed by 9pm partna. Go pack a bag punk.

I saying throwing my dirty underwear at him.

I don't know who this boy is sometimes. To be 7 years old, he's very intuitive. I knew he would be something else even in my belly. The boy wouldn't stay still. Had me throwing up my life every day. Then walking at 7 months and being able to read at 2, I just knew. Maybe it's from the Asian side! Cause my side ain't shit.

Doorbell Rings

Justin: Kyro get the door that's your auntie.... But look through the peephole first to make sure.

I yell out of my room.

Janette: Bittttttccchhhhhh! You ready to turn up?

Janette says dancing on the wall.

That looks so familiar. I turn my head to see Justin dancing on the wall.

Justin: Omg. You're corrupting my child. Kyro go get your bag before I turn you up. And stop dancing on the wall before you get a buttache from my belt.

I say hugging Robert.

Justin: Hey Rob. Thanks for watching him tonight. He's a handful so if he gives you any lip let me know and I will handle it.

Robert laughs.

Robert: Man! I got 4 daughters. I think I can handle a little lip. You ready little man?

Roberts asks as Kyro come out of his room.

Justin: Be good Kyro and if you act...

Kyro: Dad, you don't have to say the spiel. I know... if I act up, you'll act down.

Justin: And you better know it.

*******

Justin: Girl... Bulldogs? I thought we were going to dinner or something!

Janette: Yes bulldogs. It be popping Friday nights the cuties will be out!

Justin: And why are you telling me? I'm not looking for any cuties. Especially here... in Atlanta.

Janette: Come on Justin. Let's just have fun. Take a few shots, dance a little bit, make these niggas buy us drinks. And maybe you can get you some ding-a-ling so your uptight ass can calm down. I'm sure they got some Asians in here.

Justin: Eww you bitch. You gonna stop trying me.

We laugh. Oddly enough, being from the hood I never cared about race. As long as you had a good heart, we could get somewhere. You feel me?

It's been an hour since we've been here and all eyes were on us. Janette wasn't lying about these niggas buying us drinks. We are on our 4 drink tonight.

Janette: Eww chile all these niggas buying us drinks and shit we gonna have to get an Uber.

I stare at her in humiliation.

Justin: I forgot you were a lightweight. Give me the damn keys girl.

I snatch the keys and put them in my pocket. And as I lift my head my eyes meet with these pierced eyes. Just staring at me. My eyes just cant seem to leave it. I've always had an attraction to pierced eyes.

Justin: Mmm who is that?

Janette: Oh no no no no no. You don't wanna know.

Justin: Well you better tell me now because he is walking over here.

Janette: Omg that's Kendle's son Juray.

Those pierced eyes. I knew they looked all too familiar.

How did I get here?

Moving away from Atlanta to get a fresh new start because my no good ex-boyfriend decided he didn't want to get out the game and have a baby on me, to moving to New York and "falling in love" with a married drug dealer and having his kid, to moving back to Atlanta to get away from said psycho, TO MY EX-BOYFRIENDS SON SLOWLY WALKING TOWARDS ME? HOW THE FUCK DID I GET HERE???!!!