seventeen

Alison

I play with the glass between my fingers, staring down at the few drops of beer on the bottom. The boys have been gone for almost three hours now and being in my hotel room all the time was boring. So I decided to check out the hotel and found the little bar where I'm sitting now at the counter.

"Alison!" I hear a strong voice call me, and I snap my head to the source. "God dammit, what the fuck are you doing here?" Louis laughs at me, walking through the doors to the bar.

"Needed to kill time somehow," I mumble innocently and watch him until he finally stands in front of me. "How'd it go?"

"Good," He mutters. "Are you getting ready so we can leave?"

I toss down the last bits of my drinks and place it on the counter. "Is everyone going?"

"Yep, now c'mon, we won't wait for you," Louis urges with a teasing smile, approaching the door.

I laugh behind him and hop off of the stool to follow him. Back in my room, I quickly put in my contact lenses and change into shorts and a little top. I don't plan on staying long even if the boys wanted to stay until three a.m. . I can imagine what party freaks they can be. I grab my phone, some money and the key card and head down to the entry hall.

"So you did wait for me," I laugh as Louis is now the only one left, standing by the entrance doors.

"I'm a nice person," He grins.

"Sure you are," I tease and we walk out of the hotel.

The sky is pitch black and the streetlight shine through the busy roads. Despite it being night, it's still pretty bright due to the lights sparkling up the city. It's also warm which is amazing and I have yet to get used to this feeling.

"It's right across the street," He informs me and I already see the club entry lit up by neon lights.

"Do you come here often? To Miami?" I ask curiously.

"We don't often leave Philadelphia to go to other places but when we do, we can't decide ourselves to which one we go. This time it's Miami," He answers. It's crazy to think that they're commiting crimes all over America.

"Well, it's a great place to go party when you're done with your job, right? Y'all live a crazy life," I chuckle lightly. I catch myself actually humouring about their job even though I've been scared of the mafia all along. It's terrifying how I've gotten used to this.

"Y'all," He mocks me. "What's that? Is that a southern thing?"

"Yeah, I'm from North Carolina," I tell him.

"Holy moly," He laughs.

We get to the side of the road and instead of using the crosswalk, Louis just walks across the road. I briefly watch out for any cars left and right before I follow him, being more careful about this. The music plays faintly through the walls and we can hear it even outside.

We walk three steps down before entering the club, but there is an about thirty feet long hallway with a red carpet floor, fitted with a mirror wall on the right side. A couple people are standing there with their drinks, escaping the loud atmosphere of inside the club. Nevertheless, Louis and I walk past them and to the end where finally the actual club is on the left side.

"Help yourself, love. The boys are sprawled everywhere," Louis says, telling me that he's going to leave my side and head somewhere else.

"Sure," I nod, already thinking about where I should go. The easiest way would be to the bar since I could meet anyone there. I also don't want to search for the boys because I'm sure they are busy.