Chapter 2: Wolves of Fall Street

The next day started off with a calm morning within Beacon Hills, the sun was rising and local businesses around town were reopening. Residents of Fall street spent their mornings like almost everyone in town, getting ready for work or school, including the newcomers of the town.

The Beowulf family had just moved in and their house was located at the end of Fall street, this not only made it the main house but its size signified this as well. It was almost as big as a mansion with a green lawn as their car was parked in front of the garage.

Inside the house, Elizabeth finished cooking up some eggs and plated them on the kitchen counter along with slices of toast and two cups of juice. She heard footsteps coming down the stairs and smiled as her daughters made their way over to the counter.

"Good morning." Elizabeth greeted.

Ruby yawned "Morning."

"Going out on a run?" Jade asked, noticing that Elizabeth was wearing a black sports bra with black tights and white sneakers, hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Yes, my day cannot start without a bit of exercise." Elizabeth said, putting the pan in the sink "And I am not going on a run, just a jog."

"Can we please go on a run? They're so fun." Ruby asked, taking a bite of her toast.

"And it's a small town surrounded by trees, no one would question wolves running around." Jade said.

"I think people would question a few things if they saw wolves of our size running around." Elizabeth said.

"Then we just won't shift." Jade said.

Ruby scoffed "You won't shift; I want a release. We hold back enough during track."

"Speaking of track, does Beacon Hills High even have another sport besides the sport no one's ever heard of?" Jade asked, taking a sip of her juice.

"Do you mean Lacrosse?" Elizabeth asked.

"That's what I said." Jade said with a cheeky smile.

Elizabeth chuckled "I am sure they do; Lacrosse may just be their main stay."

"Who knows? It might be fun." Ruby said with a shrug.

"Scott certainly thinks so." Elizabeth said.

"Oh yeah, Scott. What are we going to do about him?" Jade asked.

"Nothing." Elizabeth simply replied which surprised them.

"Are you sure? Beta's can be trouble." Jade said.

"Especially newly turned ones." Ruby said with an eye roll "We can keep an eye on him if you want."

"His Alpha will take care of him." Elizabeth replied, looking at them "Not every werewolf is our responsibility."

"Even if its Ms. McCall's son?" Jade asked with a smirk.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes with a small smile, picking up her water bottle and head to the door "I will be back in 10 minutes so start getting ready for school."

"So we can go on a run?" Ruby asked.

Elizabeth opened the door and looked at them "This afternoon."

With that last statement, Elizabeth left the house and shut the door, leaving Ruby and Jade sitting at the counter.

"Do you really want to keep an eye on him? You know Beta's can be annoying, especially teenage ones." Jade said.

"I wanna see how he handles it and maybe we'll meet his pack as well." Ruby said with a shrug.