Chapter 3: Shining Developments

After class ends, the students file out and go to their lockers. Scott's locker was across the hallway and several meters down from Allison's, and when Scott catches her eye, Allison smiles at him. Just then, Lydia approaches Allison and strikes up a conversation, and Scott continues to watch them from afar and eavesdrop on them with his newly-enhanced hearing as Stiles joins him.

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" Lydia asks.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison replied shyly.

"And you are my new best friend." Lydia states with a smirk.

Just then, Jackson, Lydia's boyfriend, joins them as well. Lydia greets him warmly as he puts his arm around her waist, though it makes Allison feel uncomfortable.

"Hey." Jackson lets out.

"Hey, Jackson." Lydia says.

Jackson and Lydia share a kiss. Meanwhile, across the hall, Ruby and Jade walk up to Scott and Stiles, glancing at what they were looking at then giving the both of them incredulous looks.

"Y'all are weird." Jade states as both boys jump at the sound of her voice and turn to look at them in surprise.

"Hey, Ruby, Jade, how long have you guys been here?" Scott asks nervously.

"Long enough to see that you guys like staring at people making out." Ruby said.

"Well they shouldn't do it publicly if they didn't want people to stare." Stiles said with a shrug.

"Who are you again?" Jade asks.

"Jade, don't be so rude." Ruby said and Jade rolled her eyes "What she meant was, what's your name, Scott's friend?"

Scott snorted and Stiles gave him a look as he held his hand out with a smile "Uh...I'm Stiles, Stiles Stilinski."

Ruby shook his hand with a smile of her own "Nice to meet you Stiles."

Stiles couldn't help but blush a bit at her smile as Jade lightly elbowed Scott's arm and nodded to Allison, Lydia and Jackson.

"Couple's done with their little show." Jade said looking at him "Might wanna start listening in again."

Scott widened his eyes, wondering how she knew what he was doing but she just gestured for him to do so and he started listening in.

"So, this weekend, there's a party." Lydia started.

"A party?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, Friday night. You should come." Jackson said with a smirk.

Allison looks slightly bashful when she replies "Uh, I can't. It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking."

"Poor girl's nervous." Jade said and Scott nodded "Don't you think, Ruby?"

When she didn't receive a response she turned to see Ruby and Stiles having their own conversation.

"Well, "You are my father" may be a lot of people's most iconic scene but general Kenobi's "Hello there" is up there for me." Ruby said and Stiles chuckled.

"Mine's gotta be Han's "I always shoot first.", but I can see the love for Obi-Wan." Stiles said, elated that he finally had someone to talk to about Star Wars.

"You have no idea on half of what their saying too?" Scott asked and Jade nodded.

"She always tells me to watch it but I'm not spending three hours of my life watching a space opera." Jade said and Scott chuckled.