𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Oh god Sam," you throw yourself into her arms as the dance floor music rings through the bar. She pulls you off of her, holding you at arms length observing your face, riddled with anxiety.

"You look like someone just murdered your entire family, Y/N, here," Sam spins around grabbing her regular vodka tonic off the dark oak bar, shoving it into your hands "drink." You tilt back the drink, drowning it in one sip "now talk."

"Spencer told me he loves me," you sputter, the sour flavor from the tonic tingling the back of your throat. Sam's eyes widen and forces you down onto a bar stool.

"And? Did you say it back?" Sam leans against the bar, you take a deep breath, shuddering as you shake your head "so... what did you say?"

"I love you."

Your hands fall out of his hair, resting limp by your side and Spencer sits upright, pulling himself off of you "I'm sorry- Y/N I didn't mean to put that on you-" you shake your head. It's only been a month. Is that too soon?

"I should get uh- ready-" you whisper, slipping off the couch and into your room, closing the door behind you. You pull on a black slip dress, sitting down to start your makeup and hair, maybe if you pretend it never happened you don't have to talk about it.

Do you you love Spencer? You care about him so so much, you love spending time with him, you love his smile and his insistent facts- you love Spencer- right? Saying it feels like a promise and you've never been good with promises.

You sigh, applying some lipgloss as a final touch. You grab your coat and purse, pulling on a pair of heeled boots, pausing before the door. Your hand rests on the cool metal handle, opening it will force you face to face with Spencer. You take a deep breath and open the door. Spencer's sitting at the kitchen table, he jumps up when he sees you, rushing over to you "Y/N- Star- listen- I don't know what I was thinking- I'm so sorry- you know I didn't mean to ruin anything. I'll leave- I'll go- I'm so fucking sorry."

"Spencer it's okay, I just need to think," you bring a hand to his face,  pressing a kiss against his cheek. "And drink- a lot." You mutter under your breath. You flash him an apologetic smile and brush past him and out of your apartment.

Fuck.

"Oh, hon-" Sam smiles at you awkwardly "at least you didn't fight-" you nod and graciously take your refill drink from the bartender. "Do you think you'll ever say it back?" You pause, taking a long-drawn sip before clearing your throat, glancing up at Sam's comforting smile.

"I mean- maybe," you mutter "I care about him, I like seeing him every day. Spencer was there when I needed him, he's smart and kind and has his humorous moments, he's an excellent teacher... he gives the best hugs Sam, the best hugs, he calls me Star too. Oh- one time- before anything happened between us- he wore this bright pink tie to class, which was definitely strange, and I poked fun at it all day and I felt bad but then he started laughing and I laughed and we- it felt good. He's extraordinary." You smile, swirling your drink around its glass "but it's too soon to say it. You're supposed to wait. That's how it's done." You deadpan, straightening your posture.

"Oh fuck what 'your suppose to do' from what I can tell that man makes you happier than anything. You've never ever used the word 'extraordinary' to describe someone and you've never let someone besides your dad call you Star. You're just scared that if you say it you won't be able to bolt if something goes wrong."

"That's not true!" You protest. Sam laughs, placing a hand on your shoulder as you down your second drink, taking another from the bartender.

"Yes it is, Y/N, it's true and you know it," she brings her hand to your cheek "from what I've seen of him, how he looks at you, that boy would do anything for you. He's good for you, you two are good together." You lean into her, letting out a groan "don't say or do anything your uncomfortable with but don't let your commitment issues get between you guys, okay?" You nod, smiling up at Sam "now, we can reschedule pur night out, you need to go find Spencer."

"But Sam- I wanted to hang out with you-" you finish your drink, tugging at Sam's wrist.

"Y/N- the holidays are coming up soon and I'm getting plenty of time off, we can hang out everyday if you want but right now you need to go find your Eisenstein."

"I love you Sam, did I ever tell you that?"

"Mhm, but you haven't told Spencer so get lost," you giggle, pressing a kiss to Sam's cheek before slipping on your coat and rushing out into the frigid November air. You pull out your phone, clicking on Spencer's profile. You had planned on getting a cab home with Sam but now that you were alone, and slightly drunk, Spencer's serial killer horror stories were starting to get to you. You wait as the phone rings, finally on the last ring you hear a muffled voice.

"Y/N? H-hey- are you okay? I wasn't expecting you to call," you can hear the anxiety in his voice and an awful guilt begins to sink inside of you.

"I need a ride home. I don't want to get serial killered."

"Serial Killered? You mean murdered?"

"Yeah that." You murmur. You hear him laugh softly on the other end of the line.

"That wouldn't be good. I'm on my way, just text me the address." You nod, forgetting he can't see you and hang up, clumsily texting him the bars address. You pull your coat around yourself, you hadn't planned on standing out in the cold for so long and the nervous sweat from talking to Sam wasn't helping. Just as you were about to consider going back in, Spencer pulls up infront of the bar, rushing out to you. "Are you okay, Star?" You nod, grabbing his bicep and pulling him into you. Soft snow begins to fall from above, catching in your eyelashes.

"Spencer. I'm sorry for how I acted, we should have talked, no I should've talked," you bring one hand to his neck, caressing your thumb over his rosy cheek. He opens his mouth, probably to excuse you or apologize but you cut him off "no- Spencer- I was just nervous, I've never told a boyfriend I loved them before and I chickened out. It's not too soon or too fast, maybe for someone else, but not for me, or us, for that matter. Have we ever taken things slow before? No. No we haven't and that's okay. Anyways, I'm rambling.." you sigh, watching as small snowflakes fall into Spencer's hair, dissolving into his brown curls. "I love you, Spencer."

There's a pause before either of you speak. More is said in those few seconds than can be said by any amount of words you could come up with. "You want regret saying this later?" You shake your head.

"No I'm positive, Dr.Reid, I love you."

"Well, in that case.." Spencer leans down, connecting your lips, his hands gripping your waist, pulling your bodies together with such force he stumbles backwards against his car.

"Can I stay the night?" He asks as he pulls away from
your kiss. You smile, tracing the collar of his jacket.

"Of course."

—-
sorry for not writing a lot i'm writing my own personal fiction, not for wattpad, just a book.

anyways don't die and hopefully you stick around until the next chapter ((: