Crash Into Me Part 2

*** - I suggest you play the song above starting from when you see this 

Rebecca was right the day was going worse by the minute. 

Rebecca was filling paper work in the nurses station when Bailey approached her "I would like to borrow Dr. Yang. It's important. Can you spare her?" Rebecca brought her head up from the paper work and the look of desperation on Bailey's face and the tone of her voice worried Rebecca. 

"Yea, I'm sure I can make that work." Bailey instantly nodded and but her head down on the nurses desk making Rebecca continue with "Are you okay Miranda?" In the last couple of weeks Bailey and Rebecca had become somewhat friends they had gotten to know each other extremely well and Rebecca adored the residents form of work and fiery personality and seeing her down like such, was a new state for her to see Bailey in. 

"Yea, fine. Thank you." Bailey responded before hurrying away quickly before Rebecca could say no more she just watched the woman walk away before turning to Callie "Callie! Can I steal Stevens off your service?"

Callie turned at the sound of her friends voice "I'll give her away for free" she responded not fussed by loosing the resident. She stayed a minute and looked at her friend that now had her head in her hands and rubbing her temple. Despite not knowing Rebecca for a long period of time, they had instantly connected and were spending a lot of time together so Callie could tell when her new best friend was down. The rumours around the hospital about little Shepherd shouting at Sloan made it easier for her to figure  out what was wrong. 

"Yang. Stevens." Rebecca shouted her head still out of view as she leaned on the nurses station as she continued "Dr. Yang, Bailey wants you so, Stevens prep Mr. Nolston". She continued rubbing her temple as Cristina began to testify against the change "Wait . . ."

Rebecca was not in the mood to be involve in the petty competition between both residents so for the first time she snapped at Yang "Just take it up with Bailey, Yang" her voice slightly raised. It was a new tone both residents had heard from the head. It caused both of their eyebrows to raise in slight confusion at the change in attitude from Rebecca. 

Callie was watching from afar before making her way towards Rebecca. She knew the situation with Mark was getting to her as usually she would never raise her voice especially with Yang as  she admired and respected her too much. "So you let it all out on Sloan then. Was a long time coming." Callie stated as she leaned next to her friend at the nurses station. 

"It was barely nothing I just raised my voice, brought up New York and the fact that he has a massive ego. . . in front of a patient, Karev and Hahn." Callie's eyes widen as she muttered "Yikes" as Rebecca groaned and berried her head deeper in her hands as her friend continued "Wouldn't it be better more private?" Leading Rebecca to raise her head from her hands and glare towards Callie. "This afternoon is going to be so much fun!" Callie continued sarcastically speaking about the surgery Mark, Rebecca and herself was performing in a couple hours leading Rebecca to groan once again and lean into the nurses desk.

The main reason she was upset, hurt and frustrated with Mark? Because a year ago today was her due date. Meaning their child would've have been celebrating it's  first birthday. But, instead she can barely look into Mark's eyes with out anger or sadness overwhelming her as he reminds her of the life she should've had and . . . what she should've had.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca was in surgery and it was awkward . . . as hell. 

To get through today. She needed to forget about everything. But it was impossible as she would now have to be in an OR with him for hours.

Everyone had herd about the confrontation between both surgeons with all thanks to the one and only Alex Karev. So all people in the OR was aware of the tension between both Head of Departments.