Piece of My Heart

** Suggest you play the song above from here 

Things have been looking up for Rebecca in the last couple weeks. 

She had many successful surgeries, the Cardio Department of Seattle Grace was improving miraculously all thanks to her great dedication and hard work. 

Her life was made easier in the hospital as the resident had a friendly competition that made them even more eager for surgeries than normal. Resulting in Meredith winning a sparkly pager from Bailey to get the first knowledge on cases. 

She spent her time outside the hospital with Callie of course as the Ortho resident has been helping Rebecca to look for an apartment. Since her arrival in Seattle she had been living in a hotel. Despite the fact that she could afford it she realised that she was not leaving Seattle anytime soon so she should buy and apartment. However, she was having no luck. 

She had also been for a few drinks with Patrick after a couple of shifts at the hospital just as friends of course. But, both Callie and Derek had been teasing her about how long they would only be friends. 

Derek and Meredith had called it quits once again but today was the day their clinical trial was starting and her brother was now dating his scrub nurse, Rose. Rebecca liked Rose as an individual however as her brothers boyfriend? She knew it wouldn't last. 

Mark and Rebecca had been avoiding each other since that evening when they were outside Tuck's ICU and kept their relationship only on a professional base. 

 A week ago Rebecca had a new patient, Nikki Jones, a 25 year old female who is 35 weeks pregnant. Nikki came to Rebecca after 6 weeks ago she was diagnosed with ectopia cordis, which means the baby's heart is growing outside of his body. 

Despite how much Rebecca didn't want to she knew she had to have world-class neonatal surgeon on this case. She gave Addison a call. 

Today would be the first time Rebecca would see Addison after learning the truth about her and Marks relationship in New York. Rebecca decided that for today for the sake of her patient she was going to forget all about the truth and be normal with Addie. By normal she meant the way they were back in L.A before Seattle. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca was in the hospital since the day before as she had a late surgery and an early heart transplant so she only had a couple hours sleep in between but she was not complaining. 

As she was walking out of the OR after her successful heart transplant she got a page from the chief. She had asked him to inform her when Addison would arrive as they would get started straight away. 

She decided to go and find Addison and as she was walking through the corridors of the Plastics she heard Marks voice seductively asking, "What do you say we lock that door and tear one off for old time's sake?"