Daminette ~ Happy Birthday Marinette

I forgot to post this here.

Marinette stared at the clock. It was eleven fifty nine at night, and she felt like she was going to cry.

Earlier in the week, she invited everyone in her class to sleep over at her house, just so they could celebrate her birthday. Lately, they hadn't been as close as they usually were, but that didn't mean they were automatically going to say no.

They all said that they were going to come, but no one did. Her living room was decorated, streamers and balloons filled it up. Her parents' gifts were on the ground, right next to the table.

Tom and Sabine had retired for the night, and went to bed an hour earlier, seeing as they were going to wake up very early in the morning to celebrate her day of birth with her. Marinette had given them kisses on their cheeks and let them go.

Back to the present, she felt her phone buzz. She took it and opened it up, going to her social media. Apparently Alya posted a picture. Looking at it, it seemed everyone was at Lila's celebrating a lie she told.

A tear fell from her eye. They didn't even remember their promise to come over for her birthday sleepover. They didn't even remember it.

An alarm on Marinette's phone went off, signaling that it was midnight, or her birthday. Marinette turned it off, taking a cupcake available and bit into it.

'Happy birthday to me." Marinette thought. Tears had been falling down her face freely, taking away the happiness she thought she had.

Unexpectedly, her phone buzzed again. Marinette, now hesitantly, picked it up, and saw that it was a message. Looking at the contact, it was her new friend, Damian, who had sent her a message.

His message had told her happy birthday, the first person outside of her family who seemed to have remembered. A small smile appeared on her face. Putting the cupcake down, she wiped her tears away.

Her friend, who lived halfway across the world, had made her night better with a text with just three words. It was then that she realized that it didn't take a lot to make her happy. It was the little things that showed that someone cared that made her smile.

She was going to respond back, but he had called her instead. Marinette was quick to answer it and put her phone against her ear.

"Happy birthday, Mari." Damian said once the call was answered. Marinette heard nothing on the line, which was weird since the other times he called, at least one of his siblings would be saying something in the background. Though, she could hear a car honking its horn in the background, if she listened hard enough.

"Thank you Dami." Marinette said, her voice shaky. She opened her mouth to ask something, but Damian beat her to it.

"Would it be too much to ask you to open your bakery doors?" He asked. Marinette, confused, just left her living room, went downstairs to open the door.

When she opened it up, she saw Damian in front of her. She saw that he had bags in his hands, in what she could assume were gifts. He had a backpack on, for what reason, she didn't know.

Marinette turned her phone off and pocketed it. Running towards him, she gave him a hug. He didn't lose his balance, only hugged her back. Tears of happiness flowed down Marinette's face, while put her head in Damian's chest.

Damian in all of this, did his best to wrap his arms around her, with the bags around his arms. Coming to the realization that she was alone, he was sure going to do something about it later, but for now, he was glad that he could spend some alone time with her. He had a question he had wanted to ask her, but wanted to ask in person.

~Time skip to Monday~

When Marinette walked into class Monday, Alya was the first to come up to her.

Alya had taken a look at her and went first to compliment her, before asking a question. "Ok Mari, I like the new look. Your hair is down and this new outfit totally suits you. Trying to impress someone?" Before Marinette could answer, she continued. "And where were you Friday night? We were having that party for Lila helping the president the Friday before?"

Marinette was going to answer, but Alya caught sight of something on Marinette's neck. There was a small locket with the number seventeen. Marinette saw where her eyes were, and was quick to cover it. But she had forgotten that she had a bracelet on that went along with it. Alya saw it too and pieced things together.

"It was your birthday." Alya whispered. Marinette gave a small nod of confirmation. "I'm so sorry Mari. We can celebrate it today. I know, we can go shopping and get you things for your projects you say you have. And we can go out to eat." Alya said, listing things out.

"Sorry Alya, but I can't. I'm already hanging out with someone today." Marinette said, declining her offer.

"With who?" She asked. Maybe she could join them?

"With me." A voice called out. It drew everyone who was in the class attention. Marinette just pouted at the guy at the door for interrupting her. "Angel, I told you that I was going to take you out today so you didn't have to go to school."

"You didn't specify the time. I just assumed the afternoon, and went to school to learn something." Marinette retorted back. She then turned to Alya. "Alya, this is my boyfriend Damian." Marinette was blissfully unaware that she had everyone's attention and that they were confused as to when she got a boyfriend.

Damian came into the room and grabbed her stuff. Putting her backpack on, he grabbed her hand and led her out of class, leaving her classmates confused.

Minutes later, Adrien and Lila came into the class to find everyone talking about the fact that Marinette had a boyfriend. It left them with completely opposite feelings at the revelation.