L U C I U S • M A L F O Y

a
T H E
L I T T L E
J A C K A L

mini story ○

the S T R A N G E
H A B B I T S
- of C A K E -
C O N S U M E R S

"But I meant to say cake-"

Lucius gaped at his bride-to-be with a flat look. Here they were, in the dainty yellow kitchen on a Sunday morning, discussing the menu for their elopement.

And she wanted not one, but two desserts.

"Sweetheart, you already agreed with your Nana and I that we were going to do that other dessert that you like."

"Yeah, but what about cutting the cake? It's a tradition and we are doing it."

"We're getting married tomorrow and this morning I saw you stuff half a cake down your throat while you thought you were being sneaky."

Hartz just looked at him indignantly, pointing her nose in the air like it was going to somehow do something to make the situation go her way.

"Well, I want cake."

"Darling, you always want cake."

"How is cake such a bad thing?" She threw her hands up in the air as Nana Malory passed by giving Lucius a look that screamed that he shouldn't give in to his fiancé's whims.

"Now, I know this might be hard to hear, but you have a slight obsession."

"You're just being over dramatic." She huffed and gave him her best glare.

"Now, (Y/N), you know I'm not over exaggerating."

"Prove it!" She slammed her hands down on the kitchen table.

He just gave her a bored expression.

"You hide cake all over this apartment."

"You have no proof." She looked the man square in the eye.

Calmly, her fiancé stood from the table and started opening the fridge, the left side cupboard above the sink, and the grocery cabinet, revealing three different kinds of cake that were all almost half eaten.

She kept her mouth shut tightly.

"And this is just the kitchen. I know about your other hoards."

She looked down ashamed at her hands, but then he gently took them and kissed her cheek tenderly.

"And honestly, how your body retains its shape is some kind of dark magic that most women would kill for."

Bout of sadness forgotten, she gladly gave in to his kisses.