22. Not Unless my Rear is on Fire

A/N : Inline comments are love, so are your final comments on how you feel about the whole story after you read it. Looking forward to lots of both as you read each chapter!

Happy Reading!

***

"Where? Blue Frog? What is that? - huh? Restaurant, but why? Haan? But what? Hmm..acha okay I will be there in half an hour. Bye" finished Pragya and disconnected the call. Then she looked at an eager Bulbul sitting next to her.

"Bulbul, we will discuss all this a bit later, Abhi has urgently called me to this weird named restaurant in half an hour. Seems like he needs my help with another of his clients. I got to go. But I promise, I will try and talk to him about my feelings before your engagement this evening!"

"Arre di, you're such an innocent fool sometimes! See, jiju has called you to a restaurant right? There will be no distractions like Tanu there! So leave right now and reach there before the clients arrive and without any disturbance, tell him about how you feel for him! Di, this opportunity is great! Grab it okay?"

"Bulbul..I...ummm" but Pragya herself realized Bulbul was right, this was indeed a good opportunity to own up to Abhi about her feelings. "Okay, I will do that Bulbul. Bye now"

***

"Why do you like such less lit creepy places Abhi? I mean, cold you not have called me to one place where I could be mildly more comfortable?"

"Uff fuggy! Here I am in trouble and you are worried about comfort! I need to discuss something very important, and I also need your help - a little bit" finished Abhi looking sheepishly at her.

"What happened Abhi. Is everything alright?"

"No fuggy, everything isn't alright. You know in the Lohri day? The couple who came to our house? The ...the...cli...clients?"

"Yes?...they are troubling you again? I will handle them! In fact----" but before Pragya could finish, her phone was ringing - it said Bulbul on the caller ID. Pragya had momentarily forgotten all about her and Bulbul's plan in her concern for Abhi, but seeing the call it came back to her. She picked up the phone.

"Haan Bulbul, I was just about to...you know what" completed Pragya darting a quick look at Abhi, who was getting more agitated by the minute and seemed least bothered about her coded conversation with her sister.

"Great di! Make sure nothing stops you! You will HAVE to tell jiju that you love him today! No excuses! And also make sure -------"

"Fuggy are you done talking to Bulbul now? This is important and I need to talk to you right now!" piped in an irritated Abhi.

"Yes, yes, one second. Bulbul, I will talk to you later, once I am done okay? Now I need to rush. Bye!"

"Yeah, so fuggy I was saying that.."

"NO. STOP." Blurted out Pragya, raising her palm up before his face like a traffic constable! Had he not been so tensed, he might as well have laughed at the gesture, but now was not a good time to indulge her.

"Now what fuggy?"

"Abhi, I have to tell you something, and I want to have a first go at it."

"You are unbelievable fuggy! Here my rear is on fire and you're asking me to hold on so you can roast your peanuts?" flared Abhi.

"Rear? Fire? Peanuts? Uff, I don't know what you're saying! Look who is wasting time now! Just let me get done with it and then I will listen to whatever you have to say for however long! And yes, I will help you with your clients too! Promise!" said Pragya with an innocent face. Abhi was quiet for a second, lost in her childish expression. Pragya took it to be his consent and began.