35. Is this Love?

A/N : Inline comments are love, so are your final comments on how you feel about the whole story after you read it. Looking forward to lots of both as you read each chapter!

Happy Reading!

***

This girl didn't seem very competent. She didn't even have a medical or nursing degree. Yes, she did seem kind and docile and compassionate, but she wasn't an expert! Aaliya and Tanu seemed to discretely hate her for some reason, and Daadi seemed to insist too much on hiring her.

"But Daadi, she is a professor of English, not a nurse, how will she take care of you?" Abhi asked exasperated, for the umpteenth time.

"But that's a good thing isn't it? She will take the pay of a nurse and at the same time help Bunty and Bubbly with their English too! I daresay we live too lavishly my son, we could do with a little bit of cost cutting!" replied Daadi who seemed in no mood to listen.

"Daadi your grandson is the only Rockstar in a nation of one billion! What he earns in a day, most people can't earn in half a lifetime! Why do we need to do cost cutting?" asked a bewildered Aaliya, and Abhi nodded in agreement.

"What will you know? Have you ever seen hard days? Your brother and I have always protected you from that! Besides it's his hard earned money, I don't want it to go vain. If you hire a nurse for me, it has to be this girl, else I will manage. And if I can't manage, I will go to Ludhiana and stay with my sisters! Then you both do whatever pleases you!" Daadi finished with a triumphant smile on her face, she had played her trump card, now there was no other way to her wish.

Abhi had only opened his mouth to protest when Purab pulled him aside and put forth his opinion, "Abhi, if Daadi has so much faith on her, then lets give this a try? If she can't manage, we can dismiss her and hire a professional any time right? But if Daadi is comfortable with her, it's better she stays around right? More than professional expertise, I think Daadi needs a companion, I will keep her engaged and healthy"

Purab did make sense, and Abhi decided to not counter argue. Ever since Daadi collapsed the other day due to low pressure, the doctor had insisted that they didn't stress her. A reluctant Abhi decided to go on with her whim.

***

When Abhi came down for breakfast the next day, he noticed half his family was sitting tensely in hall. When they noticed him, Purab rushed to get him. Abhi scanned the room, there was Mithali Bhabi and Raj bhaiya sitting on the settee, Tayaji was sitting next to Daadi on the sofa, Aaliya was sitting on the single couch and Tanu was balancing herself on the arm of Aaliya's couch - they all stared like hawks at the single couch that had its back towards Abhi. Who was it sitting there he wondered, as he walked ahead of the couch and turned back to look at the person sitting there.

There was a pair of ancient glasses perched on a small, almost invisible nose. The lips of the owner was full and soft pink, just like a child's, she probably never smoked in her life he thought irrelevantly. But what struck him was her eyes behind those hideous glasses, they were deep and dark and somehow commanded him to trust her. Wait, this had happened to him before - those eyes, he had seen them before! Not once but a couple of times! Abhi came out of his trance and focused on the whole face. Yes, this was the same girl!

"Hey! I have seen you before!" he spoke out loud, startling the woman and also at the same time earning the gasp of everybody in the room. He looked around confused for a second and decided to let it go. Instead he focused on her now. She looked perplexed for a moment, and her eyebrows had risen so high that it seemed to vanish behind her hairline!

"Aren't you the same lady I pulled out from among the fans on my last stage show?" he asked surprised. She gathered herself and expression in a moment and nodded in affirmative.