31. One More Day with You

A/N : Inline comments are love, so are your final comments on how you feel about the whole story after you read it. Looking forward to lots of both as you read each chapter!

Happy Reading!

***

"Why did you do this?" his almost shrieked as he shook her shoulders hard, he could see the glistening tears layering her eye fast, but he didn't have time to console her now, the damage was done, he couldn't think of a way reverse it, but he needed answers, "Tell me Pragya why did you do this? Why didn't you tell me once? Why didn't we discuss this step?" he kept asking as his voice grew louder with every question. His vision was blurring, he realized he had tears in his eyes too, "Tell me God damn it!" he screamed out in frustration rubbing his face with his hand.

"Answer him Pragya!" he heard his daadi tell her with a shaking voice, he shut his eyes in dismay knowing deep down he was the cause of all this misery - he wanted answers, why did Pragya take such a step? He knew she was going to go away but she had planned her exit this way? Why was this necessary? Why did she want to take hate with her? Why did she have to suddenly blurt out that she had aborted their child? His mind wasn't catching up with her action - he stared at her in dismay when she looked at daadi and uttered the next few words.

"I am tired of all this daadi, I didn't want the child, I thought of continuing seeing all your happiness, but see what happened? I thought about all your happiness but did your grand-daughter consider my sister's happiness? She tried killing my Bulbul daadi! I regretted being pregnant - if I wasn't busy taking care of my health and leaving her with Aaliya, my sister would have been happily married to Purab by now - I am sick of this - I don't want to be here - ever since I have stepped into your household, happiness seems to have eluded me - either you are unwell, or your grand-daughter is plotting against my family, or I get kidnapped and if not anything, then I get pregnant - I don't want this - I want a career, I want freedom - I want to drink and dance - I can't be chained any longer daadi - and this baby was the last straw - I couldn't take it any longer - I had to abort it." she finished.

Abhi watched his daadi with baited breath, he was scared of her reaction - how would she take this? But then he looked at Fuggy, she seemed more vulnerable than his daadi at that point - he didn't even realize when he went by his side and gently supported her by holding her shoulder - he could feel her shaking, he gripped her firmly to help her keep standing.

"Pragya why are you doing this?" he whispered, panic making his voice distraught. She didn't seem to hear him, as she stared at daadi for her judgement to pass.

"Pragya beta, look at Abhi, in spite of all this he is standing by you, supporting you - this is the true love of a husband many crave for life but never get, you killed his child, yet he is there for you - you really think your happiness doesn't lie with him?" she tried once again.

"NO. I don't care about Abhi or his child, I want to be set free" she said loudly, but before she could proceed further, daadi came forward and landed a hard slap across her face - Pragya almost lost balance and was going to fall, but Abhi held on to her and stared at his daadi in shock.

"Don't you dare say that you don't care about my grandson or his child! What kind of a mother are you? You killed your own child for your independence? You don't deserve to be a mother - and such a horrible mother cannot ever be a good wife" her voice thundered as Pragya kept shaking with tears profusely tracing down her cheeks.

Abhi had to intervene. "Daadi, I need to talk to Pragya alone for a few minutes" he said hoarsely, and started to pull Pragya by her elbow, but she showed no signs of moving, deep inside she knew she couldn't face Abhi alone, not anymore - if he questioned her actions, she would break down to pieces before him, as it is, this was choking her. "Tell me what you have to right now, over here before everyone, there is nothing personal left between us" she said as clearly as tears would let her.