The next day

Harry POV

Potions, what a lot of bullshit this class is. Snape just cares for the Slytherins and is always out to get me. He just ignores that his precious house throws items into my cauldron. Luckily today I'm not late otherwise that would be a detention.

He finally lets us into the class and we go sit in our seats. Thinking back to last night I wonder how Malfoy is doing. I look over to his desk, Empty. Where is he? I know that Snape would never give his precious Malfoy detention for being a little late but it's been half an hour and I'm worried that he won't show up. Just as my worry was starting to show I hear the door open and in walks none other than the one and only Draco at least I don't have to worry about him getting detention but then Snape's voice booms in the classroom "Draco detention" well looks like he got it anyway. Maybe I can do something to get myself detention so we can talk about last night? Hmm now what to do? Maybe mess my potion up? Or idk just stand up or get my wand out? I lean my head on my hand with my eyes closed trying to think of what to do to get detention, "POTTER DETENTION AND HOUSE POINT DEDUCTION FOR SLEEPING IN MY CLASS!" ..... Well that was easier than expected....

******time skip to after class*******

Draco POV

I just can't believe my own head of house, no my own godfather has given me detention and all because I was a little bit late. It's just not right. And worse of all I have detention with Potter, the only person in the world I don't want to see right now. Shaking my head I finish doing my last piece of homework and check the time. I've got 30 minutes until detention, I better get changed.

I walk down to the door of Snape's classroom and wait. As I'm standing there I hear a loud thudding along the floor, I guess Harry has turned up... I mean Potter. He is out of breath holding the wall huffing and puffing... did he just run all the way here?

"Get in!" Bellows Snape. We both quickly scatter inside, he points and the closest table to his desk. "Sit, write all the reasons you were late. And you write why you wanted to sleep. When done, sit here until I come back. I've got to go and patrol the floors." We both nod and get on with our task at hand.

While writing my lines, I keep looking over at Potter to see if he is going to bring up the incident from last night. I try just to focus on my work.

Harry POV

I sigh looking over at Draco as he taps his leg against the floor constantly, he's nervous. I keep writing my lines about why I'm here, but lying because well I can't really say I was trying to get detention. I've done nearly all of them with only a few left to do then I can sit back and relax until Snape comes back.

Once I finish my lines I sit watching Draco as he writes away shaking his leg. Does he want me to bring up what happened or not? Maybe I'll let him say, if not next time I see him I will. I spin my quil through my fingers, messing around. Until Draco turns and looks at me. I put the quil down and sit up straight. "Potter... About"

BOOM! "Right, get out my classroom detention is over '' shouted Snape. I jump up and grab my things heading to the door. I wait outside for Draco. "What did you want to tell me?" I ask him softly. "Nothing Potter '' he says running off down the corridor. I sigh and head back up to the Lion's Lair.

As I'm walking back to the Common room I can't stop thinking about Draco. What was he going to say? Does he want to do it again? Should I go visit him? Should I just leave it? I decided that when I get in to look on my map to see what Draco is doing. I can't tell anyone about this and it's annoying me. I just need Hermione's help. Wait, didn't I promise Draco something last night? To do with Mione?....

Draco's pov~

Should we have talked about last night? Or just let it go? I might as well talk with him about it and let him know not to tell anyone about it or else he will regret it. Talking isn't going to change what he already knows.

Maybe I should go talk with him and explain what he saw. Maybe he won't tell everyone, maybe we can be friends. I hope we can, I really like Potter. I just have to pretend I don't because of my Father and the Dark Lord.