[003] richie sambora

never say goodbye type: angst/ fluffrequested by: none warnings: profanityword count: 760

never say goodbye
type: angst/ fluff
requested by: none
warnings: profanity
word count: 760

•        •       •

IT HAD BEEN ALMOST two years since you and richie had broken up. he was upset one night since their manager, doc mcghee, was getting on his nerves and tiring out the band with long rehearsals. he had come home and started cursing loudly causing you to get worried. you tried to comfort him, but he was too upset to listen. so, one thing lead to another and he had yelled at you and caused a fight between the two of you. you packed your bags and left since he had been doing this way too often.

ever since that night, you two hadn't been on speaking terms. tonight, you we're going to watch your friend, tommy lee, preform at the moscow peace festival.

you were currently standing infront of his dressing room, waiting for him to finished getting dressed. as you stood there, you heard a group of men excitingly holler in the hallway. you looked up and saw bon jovi walking past you. you quickly spotted richie and he made quick eye contact with you. he looked back at you in shock and he tried to say something, but doc was pushing the boys forward.

"hey, you alright?" you heard tommy ask while wrapping his arm around you.

"uh- yeah," you tried to reassure. "ready for your show?"

"hell yeah!"

you two walked up to the side of the stage and watched as bon jovi performed. you always loved watching richie play.

it was the middle of their show, and they had to quickly switch out guitars for richie. and you had no idea you were standing next to his three-neck guitar. the one you always loved watching him play.

richie quickly jogged up to the crew who grabbed his guitar he was currently holding, and they pointed next to you for his next guitar. you two made eye contact as he walked over to you.

richie's mouth opened, but was once again interrupted by doc. he sighed and grabbed his guitar. "could we talk later?" he asked while walking backwards.

"sure," you gave him a small smile.

he nodded and ran back on stage.

after their show, tommy was next up with mötley crüe. as they began their show, you felt someone grab your shoulder, you looked back to see richie.

"could we talk somewhere quiet?" he yelled over the music.

"um...," you looked back at tommy who was giving you a quick nod before looking back at the crowd. "yeah, okay."

you two had walked along the hallway, and richie opened a door that lead to a dressing room, which you assumed was his. you both sat on the couch and it was quite for the first few moments.

"look, i've been trying to get ahold of you for the past two years and apologize for what i did. it's been eating me up inside and i feel terrible, you gotta believe me," richie said while looking you in the eyes.

"i do, but it hurt me, rich. you started drinking more and getting short tempered, and i was sick of it. i tried to deal with it-"

"you shouldn't have dealt with that."

"i know, and that's why i left that night, rich. i couldn't stand the yelling and drinking almost every night you came home. i missed the days where we wouldn't argue every damn night. all i wanted was for everything to go back the way it was. i understand you had so much stress from recording your record and doc keeping you guys at the studio longer, but you didn't have to take it out on me."

"i know, i understand that now. and i've gotten better, i promise. i don't drink as much and i've learned not to lash out like i used to. i've changed,
y/n. and all i want is for us to be back together, nothing's the same without you. the band misses you, i miss you. please, y/n?"

you knew it was a lie if you had said that you didn't miss him either or never thought about him these past years. you still loved richie.

"you promise not to ever let what happened happen again?"

"i promise."

"okay, i'll take you back then, richie."

he smiled and quickly pulled you into a kiss and you melted into it even faster. you missed the way his lips felt against your's and the way his hands would hold you close.

"i love you," richie said once you two pulled away.

"i love you more."