Meant to (Calum Hood Fluff/ Angst)

Summary: (Y/N) suffers a loss. 
Based on Angst Prompts: #40: "You've almost fainted.", #15: "Don't die on me, please...", #6: "I lost the baby." (T.W: Pregnancy, Loss of Pregnancy, Hospital, Medical Procedure)
If you feel uncomfortable with the contents of this story, please, scroll through the chapters to find something you might like.
(Request: VeronicaQuinn5) (Words: 5.3k) 

--

(Y/N) never thought she would end up like this. The little plastic stick in her hands shows exactly what she thought it would show when she purchased it; she is pregnant, the test confirms her suspicion. But she can't be. Not right now, not so early. She is far too young and she has barely been in her relationship for a year. And not to mention her boyfriend, the father of the fetus growing inside her is currently on a 6-month long tour.
She leaves the stick on top of the sink and takes a good look at herself in the mirror. She thanks her luck she chose to have the test while Calum is performing because that means she has a bit of time before she will have to bring herself out of this washroom and into the company of her boyfriend, friends, and their team.
She takes a deep breath but the tears in her eyes continue to build up. She is scared, more scared than she has ever been and she is damned if she knows exactly what she fears at the moment. She has never talked about having children or even about the future with Calum. What they both enjoy most in this relationship is how it just flows, how they can be as spontaneous as their lifestyles allow them to be. And a child always changes that. She was so excited when Calum invited her to tour with him. And Calum was ecstatic when she said yes without a second thought. Of course, she had to make some adjustments to work remotely and handle any responsibilities she would have to leave behind for the duration of the tour, but she was more than eager to leave everything and travel with him.
So, why now? Why she had to become pregnant now? 

Most of all she fears Calum's reaction. For as far as she knows him, he would never ditch responsibility and would never put all the blame on her, but rationalizing is not her strongest skill at this point. She did not realize she has been pacing up and down the small bathroom while lost in her thoughts. She has been chewing on her thumb, while she tried to cry as silently as she could. She knows that still there is crew passing by and she could be heard, and this is the last thing she needs. So she tries to be as silent as she can be as she tries to let everything out now, so she can be stable when it will come to announcing it to Calum. 

Calum gets off the stage with a big smile on his face. The show was insane and the crowd was as warm as it gets, and now he will head backstage to find his beautiful girlfriend and go out for drinks with his friends. All he could ask for is his and the happiness is evident in him. He did not believe in love until (Y/N). Or at least he did not believe love was worth the trouble. But (Y/N) made it all so easy, so simple, he found himself head over heels for her without even realizing it. It certainly drew a lot of mockery from his friends, since he had been very loud about love being a scam in the past, but he knew they did it out of love for him, as a way to show him how happy they were about him finding happiness.

With cheers and laughs, they make it into the dressing room.
He makes a beeline to (Y/N), who sits on the large couch, with her knees close to her chest.
"Hi there. You come here often?" He jokes, smiling as he presses his lips on her forehead.
"I didn't see you side stage tonight..." He comments once he sees (Y/N) not reacting to his joke. "I am sorry. I wasn't feeling ok. I am sure you were amazing." She replies, cradling his jaw in her hand and stroking her thumb softly over his skin.
"I am sorry, bub. Do you feel better now?" He asks her, bringing his hand to top hers before moving it closer to press a kiss on the inside of her palm.
"Not really if I am honest. Do you mind if we go back to the hotel and skip the drinks tonight?" She asks; her stomach has been churning since she found out and the last place she wants to be is a bar with loud music and an ever-present smell of alcohol. Not that being alone in her room with Calum is much higher on her list of places to be, but she certainly cannot avoid that.
"Not at all, baby. I'll tell the guys and gather my stuff quickly." He replies, pressing a kiss on her forehead. He worries about her; for as long as they have been together she hasn't been sick, so this is new territory for him.
"Thank you." She manages to whisper before Calum gets up and leaves to inform his friends. (Y/N) has been panicking since he called her baby, the usual term of endearment suddenly making her want to throw up. Or maybe this is just another symptom of pregnancy.