Dr. Angel Face Prequel Part 9: Meet the Family (Calum Hood Fluff)

Summary: Calum's mom and sister visit him in California and they finally meet (Y/N), probably in her worst possible moment.
(T.W: Mention of Death / Description of Depressive Episode / Mention of Car Accident)
(Words: 3.1k) (Penultimate Part of The Prequels)
(Visit 5sos Book Vol. 1 for the rest of the chapters)
--

"Nervous about meeting my mother?" Calum asks as I take a look at the souffle in the oven.
"Not really. I am way more nervous about meeting your sister." I reply, taking a deep breath in anticipation. In less than 2 hours, I will be meeting his mom and sister, two of his absolutely favorite people.
"She is your age, you will get along." He brushes me off, sticking his tongue out as he laughs while I narrow my eyes at him.
"Did you just jab at our age gap?" I ask him, making him roll his eyes.
"Age gap... It's just 4 years. You need to relax." He replies, wrapping his arms around my waist and pecking my temple.
"And now I am worried about meeting your mom too... What will she think of the age difference?" I sigh, biting the inside of my cheek.
"She already knows I am dating a MILF." He states, earning a slap on his hand.
"I am not a MILF. First of all, I am not that old. And second, I am not a mother." I point out and he hums, moving his lips down the side of my neck.
"I can help with the second part of it." He grazes his lips over my sweetspot, making chills crawl on my skin.
"You have to leave for the airport. Think of the traffic." I moan, feeling a ticklish sensation caused by his lips.
"I'd rather think of you. Plus, we have at least an hour and a half before they even land." He counters, tilting my head to the side to gain himself more access.
"Traffic can be brutal heading to the airport." I deny him, moving from his embrace.
"For someone so anxious about meeting my family, you sure are eager for me to pick them up." He comments and I sigh.
"Your mom and sister both have traveled a very long trip to see you. The least you can do is be there on time to pick them up."
"In all honesty, they saw me not even 6 months ago. They are coming for you, angel."
"Did you tell me that so I can just dip?" I ask him and he chuckles.
"You will be fine. They are not gonna bite. That's my job." He winks, leaving a kiss on my forehead before picking up his phone from the counter.
"Please, no dirty talk, or innuendos in front of your family. I am begging you."
"I will have to consider that. I like the way you get flustered by my comments."
"Calum..." I protest.
"Can't hear you. I am leaving." He says cheerily, strutting towards the front door.

Despite jitters making my stomach a tight knot, I managed to finish cooking and set the table in Calum's backyard. As per usual, it is a lovely day in Los Angeles and it would be a pity not to take advantage of the beautiful weather and have a meal outside.

I hear Duke barking towards the door as I finish placing the pot of ragù for the pasta in the middle of the table. I straighten up and head inside through the kitchen door, bracing myself for the moment I have been so anxious about.
I walk to the front of the house, kneeling down to pet Duke and get him to stop barking. There is too much noise in this tiny dog.
"Bud, it's ok. You'll tire your voice." I coo at the dog and scratch behind his ears.
"I got the bags..." I hear Calum exasperate as he opens the door. I put on a smile and move aside to clear the way for them to walk in.
"Ah, there she is... Mom, Mali, this is (Y/N). (Y/N), my mom and sister." Calum introduces us, right at the moment the two women walk in. Joy is the first to approach me, pulling me in for a hug. I am surprised, pleasantly surprised, but still taken aback.
"It is so good to finally meet you in person. All Calum did over Christmas was talk about you." Joy says, pulling away to take a better look at me.
"It is a pleasure to finally meet you as well. Calum talks about you all the time. How was your trip?" I ask, smiling at her.
"Very long. Thank you for asking."
"Mom, don't hog the girl. There are others waiting." Mali comments, moving to hug me.
"I have been wanting to see you in person for so long. You are even more gorgeous than Calum told us."
"Oh my, thank you. Calum sure talks a lot." I turn to my boyfriend who smirks and shrugs.
"I thought my sharing was confidential. But apparently, everyone is kissing and telling in this family." Calum glares at the two women.
"Oh, hush. We haven't even told her half of what you have told us." Mali comments.
"And that is the reason why I am never telling you anything again." He sighs.
"I have set the table outside. Hope you don't mind." I change the subject, pointing to the backyard.
"Just give us a minute to freshen up and we will be right in there." Joy turns to look at Calum for directions.
"I'll take you upstairs, and show you your rooms too." Calum picks up the luggage, signaling the 2 women to start heading upstairs.
"See you in a bit, (Y/N)." Mali waves at me with a soft smile on her lips. She looks just like Calum, who in turn looks just like Joy. It is like seeing triple.