00. hopeful doubts

PROLOGUE, chapter zero

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 1 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 24 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 ❞

⁽ ♡ ⁾ ˚ ༘ → ༄ 𑁦 ̟ ˚ ˚

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 �...

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐈𝐍. After the 65th games the Prewet family had tried to go into hiding from anything capitol wise, the damage that the games did to that family was permanent and could not be fixed. Every time Lavender tried to sleep the lifeless eyes of her brothers corpse would stare at her as she heard his begs for the district four boy not to kill him.

oh how Lavender despised the games.

But no matter how much she hated it or how much she disagreed with the capitols methods she had no say why would she? She's just a 17 year old girl from district nine with a dead brother with a niece who has to grow up without a father and a loving mother who has to grow older knowing she outlived her first born.

It's a cruel game.

"hey Lav I think I can take him from here" Eliza called out from the front door of the small wooden cottage. After Ares was sent to his death his longtime girlfriend, Eliza at just 18 found out she was carrying his unborn child the family tried to contact the capitol about it and begged for the peace keepers to give their letter explaining how Ares needed to come home and be a dad but the capitol took this as a story that would be used in his interviews to make the viewers and the audience feel bad for the boy and make him more intriguing. That day as a young 14 year old Lavender watched the screen in the middle of district nine and realized something.