03. smile and wave

SMILE AND WAVE , chapter three

❝let's just say this place has a lot of color❞

The capitol

The capitol. It was never a place Lavender thought she would end up, but then again she never thought her name would be pulled out of that glass bowl. 

She would never forget the excited look on the capitols faces when they saw her. She figured that word had gone out about how Ares Prewets sister had been the 'chosen one'. 

Yeah ── chosen to die. 

She couldn't pick out one face that held sorrow, or sadness from the big crowd, only happy. 

Lavender felt disgusted. 

She wanted to throw up right now and throw herself out of the window. 

But with the sound of a curious 'ooh' from Hunter she remembered why she was here, she remembered what she had to do. 

So with one finale look at the boy, Lavender Prewet smiled and waved. 

"This is it girl and boy" Jules smiled, taking a big breath.

"Take it all in" she smiled as Hunter took an inhale and Lavender looked at her mentors who gave her a sad smile. 

They knew as much as she did how much of a mission Lavender had in for herself. 

Other than the elephants in her stomach or the constant feeling of throwing up, the capitol was beautiful. Much more beautiful than the districts, their outfits were glamorized to the max. 

It was as if nobody ever had a bad hair day. 

Holding onto Hunters hand the two followed Jules into a long hallway, she told them it was for a proper 'cleanse'. 

She didn't even know what that word meant. 

Until she was getting hosed down by more glamorous heads with water and a nice smelling shampoo. She didn't want to say it and she never would say it but Lavender was enjoying being pampered. 

But she never wanted to get used to it. 

They brushed her hair, cut off the splits in the ends, moisturized her ── she felt like a new person. They even plucked her eyebrows which hurt a lot at first but got easier as it went on, even waxing which she never really had endured before. 

All they had at home was a rusty razor. 

But once they took her to a room by herself. 

She felt like a prisoner. 

"You my darling are beautiful" a voice piped up from the door, taking the girls attention.

It was a man, he looked about the same age as Dash but he had long blonde locks and he didn't have the heavy make-up all over his face like the others.

He reminded her of home. 

"My names Vince" he said before offering his hand out for her to shake, which she did. "Are you going to shower me again?" she asked, a slight comical tone struck in her voice which made Vince laugh to himself. 

"No I'm here to help you become the best you that you will ever see in your life" 

"well I guess my life isn't going to be that long so" Lavender smiled before looking at Vince's face. He didn't seem to get the joke.

"I was joking just so you know ── I tend to make inappropriate jokes when I'm nervous" she rambled on. 

"I actually found the joke quite funny, it's not common to find a smiling tribute in these rooms, unless their from district one or two of course" He smiled before sitting next to Lavender on the metal bed. 

"Not to sound creepy but your story is heartbreaking, you and your family have been through so much but I'm not going to let them see you as a sad little girl, you are going to be strong and powerful, a woman like no other" he smiled.

"Tonight is the tribute parade, most district nine designers like to put there tributes into some weird get up that looks like grass or just a tan body suit but I want you and Hunter to look amazing, you two are going to be the bombshells in that room" he chuckled before jumping back off the table and too the door, beckoning Lavender to follow him. 

"I want you to make an entrance". 

It was beautiful. 

Lavender was in awe of the golden painted wheat costume that hung on her body, it looked strong but was as light as a feather. The crown that laid on her curled hair escalated down her back before it all stood together. 

She felt like a super hero. 

Even Hunter looked like a mini hero as she smiled next to her, ready to go on. He still was smiling as if he had no idea what was going to happen in the next two weeks. 

She could be a super hero. She would be Hunters super hero. 

And then the carriage started. 

these manips are shit house. 

also don't get me started on the stranger things finale 

vote and comment or else I wont update

(no cause it's actually so embarrasing when nobody comments)