Chapter 20

"I am so excited." Al squeals. He was the first one to arrive.

He gave me a bone crushing hug. "Are we going to paint our nails? Ooh and play games? And jam out to Lady Gaga? And watch movies?!"

I couldn't help but laugh at how excited he was.

Since it was still quite early, 15 minutes until everyone was suppose to arrive, Al and I decided to go ahead and have a two man dance party.

My mom was catching up on some bills before everything started.

Al and I shut the curtains and turned off the lights so it was pitch black. Then, we cracked a bunch of glowsticks and scattered them around the floor. We placed a battery powered disco ball in the center and pushed all furniture out of the way.

We blared some party music. The first song was Centipede by Knife Party. (Listen to it! Right now. Go to YouTube.)

I watched as Al did some weird dance move. Our music was so loud it was rattling the floors.

This is how you throw a baby shower. Teenage style.

I really felt like a teenager. Even though my back aches, I was happy.

The next few songs were by Daft Punk.

The front door opened to reveal Lynn and Shauna.

"I thought this was a baby shower!" Shauna shouted.

"Dont fight the disco!" I shouted.

Marlene came in a few minutes later, wearing those weird glow in the dark party glasses that you can't even see out of.

"Best baby shower ever!" She shouted.

All of a sudden the lights were turned on and the music was turned off.

"My eyes!" I shouted dramatically, falling onto a couch that was pushed against a wall.

"I can't hear a thing!" My mom yelled.

"What?" We all yelled back.

All to soon our ears and vision cleared.

"What should we do?"

"Presents!" Marlene clapped her hands excitedly.

"Guys, I said no presents."

"Oh we heard, just didn't listen." Lynn crossed her arms.

"Presents it is then! Let's snack while we do it!"

We sat in a circle in the middle of the room.

My mom brought out a tray of finger foods and cartons of chocolate milk.

"Me first!" Al squeals and hands me a very pink box.

I unwrap it to reveal a onesie that say future fashionista and some pajamas.

In all, I got a bunch of onsies, a stroller, a swing, a high chair, and this cool diaper backpack that rolls out as a mat to change the baby on.

Mom got me most of the big stuff.

We play games and eat cute cupcakes but by the end of the day, I am exhausted.

Once everyone leaves, I just want Tobias.

I mutter dark things as I walk around the house, only wanting to sleep if Tobias is here.

"Home!" Caleb shouts from the foyer.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I mumble.

I walk up the stairs, staggering like a drunk person.

Stupid hormones and mood swings.

Waffles. I want waffles. It's only 1 am.

I head to the kitchen only to find we have no eggs.

I hiss, and suffice on a piece of cold leftover chicken. I lay on my back on the counter, in the dark, eating the chicken.

Hmm wonder what Tobias is doing.

I hang one leg off the counter and swing it.

"Tris?" Oh hear comes Prince Charming.

He turns on the lights and I give him a lopsided smile, "Hello Prince Charming."

"What are you doing?"

"Oh you know, eating cold chicken cause somebody didn't by eggs." I glare at him, and take a large bite of my chicken leg.

He chuckles, and crosses the room in three strides. He throws away my chicken and wraps his arms around me, burying his face in my hair.

"I missed you." He breathes.

I mumble something, but I suddenly feel tired again.

Tobias chuckles again and lifts me bridal style up to our room.

"Don't laugh at me mister." I swat his chest.

"How was your day?" I ask him as we lay in bed. My upper body rests on his chest, and he has his arms around me.

"Good. Got to know your dad. It was fun. Uriah caught an old boot." I laugh.

"You should see all the stuff everyone bought me."

"Tomorrow baby, you need to sleep."

"Love you." I mumble, slipping away.

"I love you Tris, so much." I smile and fall asleep.