Chapter 13

Later that night, Tobias guides me through a park.

We finally find a unused bench. I guess people like gazing at the stars on a clear night, especially because this park is special. It has no street lights so if you want to walk through it at night you would have to bring a flashlight.

"Tris?"

"Hmmm?"

"You're tense. What's wrong?"

Tobias was sitting longways on the bench and I sat in between his legs, my head resting on his lap.

"Do you ever wonder what's going to happen in a few months? I have to be a parent."

I cover my face with my hands and sit up.

Tobias sat up too, shifting so he was seated in a normal posture, pulling me gently in his lap.

I buried my face in his neck and cried softly.

Everything right now felt surreal, but in a few months reality was going to show up and smack me in the face.

Honestly, I'm five months along. So in about a month, anything could happen.

I wasn't ready. I didn't want to be ready. I wanted to be a normal teenager, stressing over grades and the latest fashion, not stressing over this monster inside me!

"Shhh... Tris I'm sorry it has to be like this but the worst part is over. Right now, if you think about it, you have great parents, great friends, and me. We are all here for you. "

The more I thought about it the more I realized he was right.

What's done is done. There is literally no way I could take what happened to me back.

"I'm actually kind of glad it happened." My voice was muffled by his neck.

"Why is that?"

"For one, I wouldn't have met you. Two, I wouldn't have made any friends. I wouldn't have even moved here."

"I love you Tris." He kissed my neck sweetly.

"I love you too."

The more I think about it, I realize it was never too late for me.

I will always have hope.

"Tobias?"

"Hmm."

"I'm ready to tell you what happened."

"Are you sure? I-I don't want to force you to do anything."

"No..No you aren't. You deserve to know."

"You don't have to tell me all of it."

"I'm going to.  Anyway, At school one day, my partner for this project decided we would finish it at the library. He never did show up. I waited at the Library for almost an hour. My cellphone had died so I couldn't call my brother to pick me up early.

I decided to walk home. I lived like three blocks from the library so it wasn't a long walk.

On my way home, I had to walk passed an alley. This guy grabbed me there and-and.."

Sobs wracked my body and I curled up into Tobias.

He wrapped his arms around me and rocked me gently, murmuring sweet nothings in my ear.

"Tell me later. It's okay? Alright?" He nibbled gently at my earlobe.

I couldn't shake the fresh memories I dug up.

Tobias carried me to the car and we drove home.

He gently carried me up to bed and we played down. I curled into his side.

Falling asleep, wrapped in his safe arms.