Ones fate and ones surprise.

Finally, Albus and I had arrived at Hogwarts. Rose had joined our compartment and sat next to Albus, which I got quite jealous about, but tried not to show it. I had a feeling that Albus was going to also have some type of feelings for Rose, and I had a feeling that Rose was going to like Albus more than she was going to like me. 

The three of us walked side by side into Hogwarts and stood at the great hall, waiting nervously which house the sorting hat was going to place us in. I had an idea that I knew exactly what house I was going to be in. My father was a slytherin and my mum used to work for the dark lord secretly, so she would have had some Slytherin traits as well. I did not hope to get in any other house to be honest as I wanted to be just like my father. 

Albus was nervous. You could tell he was as you could hear it in his voice when he spoke. Rose seemed confident as both of her parents where Gryffindors and she had a pureblood father, which made her feel more confident getting into Gryffindor.

Our names got called up one by one. Rose went before any of us and to what a surprise, she got placed into Gryffindor. I was happy for her, as she seemed so relived as well, being in the same house as both of your parents which must be a good feeling knowing that they would be proud of you.

A boy called Teddy Lupin got called up and he got placed into Hufflepuff house. He seemed quite nice and friendly, which was a big Hufflepuff trait. I got called up, which made me nervous, but I tried to keep calm. Looking over to the Gryffindor table, I saw Rose make eye contact with me again. I quickly looked down as the sorting hat got placed onto my head. 

"Um...Not difficult at all...So much potential you have young Malfoy...I know what you are and where to put you, Slytherin." The sorting hat shouted as I jumped back up and walked over to the slytherin table. I was happy that I got my father's house and waited for Albus to get sorted into his house. 

Four more students got sorted into their houses, two of them got sorted into Ravenclaw, one into Slytherin and the other in Hufflepuff. I was so confident that Albus was going to be placed into Gryffindor, which meant Rose would be more friendly with him even more if they where in the same house as each other. 

Albus got called up and sat down on the chair, with the sorting hat placed on his head, comfortably. "Ahh, yes another Potter...What to do with you? I see bravery, sneakiness and leadership...I know where to put you...Slytherin." 

I saw Albus's face turn grey like he had seen something that he should not have seen. I didn't think he was happy with himself, but I waved him over to come and sit next to me, so he maybe felt more comfortable sitting next to someone he knew. 

Albus walked over and sat next to me and said, "My dad is going to be so disappointed with me." I looked at him and said, "Do you not remember your dad telling you who you where named after. One of them was a Slytherin and your dad loved him. He won't be disappointed with you Albus, your dad will love you no matter what."

I smiled at Albus and he smiled back. This was going to be one hell of a year.