4

Caden's POV

"Did you bring the cooler? How about the food? Did you make the playlist Miller?" Theo was asking me tons of questions before we left for our trip.

"Yes Theo calm down" I threw the last bag into the back of my jeep.

"I call shotgun" yelled Myles as he pushed Theo and I out of the way.

How the hell am I gonna survive 4 hours in the car with these idiots?

"That's not fair you always get shotgun" Theo whined like a child. I shook my head at both of them and got into the drivers seat.

"Get your ass in Theo or we are leaving your sorry ass" I yelled at him while placing my sunglasses on my face. He finally got into the back seat and didn't say a word to us.

"Who's ready to have the best summer ever?" Myles yelled while throwing his hands up in the air.

Ever since my mother got sick last year and soon died a month later I haven't quit been myself. My father became an alcoholic and I was an only child so I couldn't turn to anyone for help. Except my two best friends, they are the reason I'm still here.

Myles had this idea to get away this summer so we didn't have to focus on the negative things happening in our lives. I honestly didn't wanna go anywhere but somehow Myles and Theo convinced me to come so here I am driving to Colorado.

Apparently Myles found a place we could rent that's on a lake. I'm not quite sure what the lake house looks like and I can't even imagine since it was Myles who picked it out.

"Miller the guy that's letting us rent said that there are four bikes we can use. Also a small boat too" Myles said looking at his phone. "Sweet" Theo said while eating some chips.

"Dude we're not even an hour in and your already eating?" I questioned Theo. "Is that a problem?" He questioned back

I just shook my head at him and continued driving, this is gonna be a long car ride.

+++

4 hours later and a passed out Theo in the back we had finally made it to the rental. I only had to yell at Theo a couple of times for spilling food or his drink on my seats.

Thankfully Myles stopped me from saying something I'll regret to Theo. I kinda have a short temper.

I took off my sunglasses and we all got out of my Jeep and went inside to check the place out. It looked like a normal lake house that anyone would rent during the summer.

"I call the big room" Theo yelled and tried running up the stairs but Myles grabbed his wrist. "No I've already called it" Myles argued.

While they were arguing back and forth I sneaked past them and ran into the big bedroom. I quickly threw my bag onto the bed claiming it as mine.

"What the fuck Miller?" Myles had beat Theo up the stairs and had just noticed I stole the big room.

"Oh you wanted this room?" I questioned sarcastically giving him a smirk. "Asshole" he mumbled under his breath and went into another room.

"Dickhead" Theo crossed his arms and also went into a different room. I deserved this room since I am the only one with a car and they wouldn't have been able to make it here without me plus I had to deal with Theos dumbass.

I began unpacking everything into the drawers and making sure to put the picture of my mom on my nightstand. Soon Myles came into my room wanting some help unloading things from the Jeep.

"Here Theo grab this one" I handed him a bag to bring inside.

I heard the sound of a skateboard going by and I looked down the driveway to see a girl skating down the road. We made direct eye contact and I felt my whole body tingle.

She pulled her hoodie over her head and skated away quickly. Who the hell is that?

I blinked a couple time to regain composure. I then turned around and Myles and Theo were both smiling at me

"What?" I questioned

"Oh nothing" Theo said and began walking into the house. "Someone's got a crush" Myles teased

"Shut up no I don't" from the corner of my eye I looked back at the road hoping that girl would reappear.

"Sure you don't" Myles shook his head and also took a bag to bring inside.

The last thing I need in my life right now is a girl, maybe she can just be a summer fling and after that she will be long gone out of my mind.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Theo yelled from the bathroom. We had just finished unpacking everything from my Jeep and had just sat down to rest but of course that can't happen when Theo is around.

"What is it?" Myles yelled, him and I were both frustrated at this point with Theo.

"There's no goddamn toilet paper" Theo yelled back. "Theo you are such a dumbass why didn't you check before?" I questioned

"I don't know I forgot" I shook my head and sighed. "Wipe your ass with a towel or something cause the closest store is an hour away" Myles yelled.

"Miller go find your new girlfriend and ask for a role of toilet paper" Theo said. "She's not my girlfriend dumbass" I yelled back shaking my head.

"Just go get me some and I won't bother you at all tomorrow" I knew he was still gonna bother me no matter what. "Fine just so you will shut your ass up" I got up from the couch and grabbed my coat since the sun was going down and it was a bit chilly outside.

"Thanks bro I love you" Theo yelled as I walked out the door.

Fucking hell Theo

Vote | comment | Follow