Chapter 2

Yanfei walked around Liyue, her hands behind her back. It was already past 9 pm, but the crowds in Liyue seem to never decrease, no matter the time. Yanfei needed some time away from her work place, wanting to see the lights in Liyue. Liyue was well known for it's beautiful lighting and food, which is why Yanfei is out to get some food.

"Welcome back Yanfei, do you still want the usual?" Yanfei looked up from the table, giving a small smile at Xiangling. Xiangling was a well known chef in Liyue, which is one of the reasons why her restaurant was always so crowded. Over the years, Yanfei and Xiangling have gotten closer, they can pretty much call themselves best friends at this point. Yanfei nods, answering her question. Xiangling smiled back at her before walking away, leaving Yanfei alone once more.

During some point she starting thinking about Hu Tao. How was she? Is she eating well? Is she getting enough rest? These thoughts trampled Yanfei's mind, it was upsetting her. She wanted to see Hu Tao, but didn't know if she was finished with work, she might even be asleep by now.

A knock on the window dragged Yanfei out of her thoughts, looking up at the window startled. She quickly calmed down, her eyes widening at the sight of Hu Tao. She was standing there, a smile on her face as she was waving at her. Hu Tao quickly left her sight, walking into the entrance of the restaurant. Yanfei's heart raced, excited to finally be able to talk to Hu Tao after a few days, working alone.

"Oh, I thought that was you, glad I trusted my instincts!" Hu Tao sat on the opposite side, crossing her legs while getting seated. "How are you, I haven't seen you in a few days." Yanfei didn't answer her for a few minutes, still surprised. She scanned her outfit, her face heating up once more, just like last time. "Your outfit- Where'd you get it?" Hu Tao looks at her own outfit before looking back at Yanfei, smiling happily. "I bought this the other day, I thought you'd like to see me in it." Yanfei's eyes widen once more, her cheeks turning a bright pink. "Hu Tao, don't say things like that!" She quickly hid her face with her hands, getting embarrassed.

Hu Tao chuckles, pressing her hand on her own chest to try to stop herself. "Sorry, did I make you blush~?" She said teasingly, enjoying the reactions Yanfei was giving her. "I- I wasn't blushing- I'm just.. tired, that's all." Yanfei gave a weak excuse, already knowing Hu Tao won't believe a word she says. "Aiyah, you're so cute, you know that?" Yanfei glanced back at Hu Tao, a loss for words. Cute? Did she just call her cute? Yanfei couldn't take much more of this, her cheeks were so heated, so pink, it was so obvious she was getting flustered.

A waitress comes up, coughing to get their attention. Hu Tao looked over at her, giving Yanfei a side glance before ordering something for herself. As the waitress takes her order, Yanfei starts repeating those words in her head. She brings her hands together, playing with her fingers, getting the courage to look back at Hu Tao. "So...? Are you doing well with work?" Yanfei's heart finally stopped racing, glad Hu Tao was talking about something other than her blushing. "Yes.. I got finished with work today and was hungry, so I decided to come here." She nods, listening to her before speaking up to talk about her day. "Aiyah, I just got bored and decided to walk around Liyue, glad I ran into you though, it would of been a boring experience without you."

The food finally comes, along with the drinks they ordered. "You two enjoy!" Xiangling says, giving them both her smile before walking off to other customers. Hu Tao grabs her drink, taking a small sip. "Same here, it was boring without you being here.." Yanfei mumbled the last part, getting shy once more. Hu Tao picks up some chopsticks, grabbing some food before holding it up to Yanfei's face. "Eat up," Hu Tao says, having her other hand under the food in case she drops it. The same feeling in Yanfei's stomach comes back.. what was it.. butterflies? She felt this way before, when they had their picnic together. She couldn't describe it well, but she liked this feeling. She opens her mouth as Hu Tao moves closer.

It was like the world stopped. Yanfei could practically feel Hu Tao's breath. The smell of mint took over. Yanfei looked back into Hu Tao's eyes, being reminded of those flowers she seen all those years ago. Yanfei wanted to kiss her right here and now, but something was stopping her from doing so. All she could do was watch as Hu Tao places the food in her mouth.

Hu Tao sits back down, yawning quietly before picking up food for herself. Yanfei starts chewing, feeling disappointed in herself, why couldn't she do it? What was stopping her? She didn't even know if Hu Tao had the same feelings she did. Yanfei ate in silence, caught in her own feelings as she listens to Hu Tao rant about her days at the Funeral Parlor.