Code Blue Plate Special

" Owen and I were going on with a deal with The Meditrreanean ,they want to put a Frank's diner in the casino both of us trust me Nick" Vincent said we were currently interoggating him . "all units possible 413 shots fired at the corner of Dermott and Westfall repeat corner Dermott and Westfall" I looked at Nick and then at Owen ,Owen looked at me and at Nick "that's the diner " he said "What's going on?" Nick asked the officer "not sure shots fired at the diner " Nick and I stood up ,Vincent got up "stay here Vincent we'll handle it " Nick said as we walked away . We arrived at the diner Nick parked the car and we rushed to the front of the police tape"coming thorugh ,coming through " Nick and I said as we approached Mitch "hey guys relax " "what's up ?" Nick said as I looked around and noticed a guy being tended by the paramedics "404 accidental discharge ,newspaper guy" Nick looked ,I looked around the place until my eyes landed on Conrad "what's he doing out of bed ?" I asked walking towards Ecklie ,Nick followed "Hey,..Ecklie didn't you get shot ?" Nick asked I slightly elbowed him and shook my head no "Conrad you know the drill you gotta give yourself sometime to heal "I said leaning on the car "thanks for the advice Nicole,heres the gun " he said scooting it over to us ,I examined " 9 milimeter that's the same caliber as the diner " I said looking closer "yep " Conrad said "guy was refilling the newspaper machine ,he took the day old papers out and stacked them in his truck when the gun fell out ,he picked it up and it discahrged " I looked at Nick and Conrad "where's the second one,we know there were two guns ?" Conrad and Nick look around we walk to the police tape and Conrad cuts it Nick steps into the truck while Conrad and I stay behind ,I notice Conrad clutch his ribs "after this you're going home " "but?" "no buts you're going home " I said looking back at the newspaper truck "anything?" "alright here we go this one is slightly thicker than the others ' Nick says holding the newspaper and tipping it so the gun can slide out ,Conrad and I smiled at him"there she is ,second gun "Conrad says ,Nick and I head back to the lab he prints and I'm on the computer "both of these guns have been wiped clean same with the shells there's nothing on them" Nick says looking over at me behind the computer "but the ninhydrnis brought up some useful prints on the papers " I said unclipping them and examining "okay its sounds to me like after the shooting our guy leaves the diner looking to dump the gun somewhere and see's the newspaper machine for a buck in quarters he's already found a good place to hide them " "it's already Monday its unlikely that anybody is going to buy the Sunday papers so the gun is put until the delivery guy hauls them away " I look at the computer "we got a match " Nick says "Ronald Basderic " I say looking at Nick . I stood outside interoggation with D.B ,while Sara and Brass interoggated Ronald ,D.B pulls them out and begins asking questions "you know how when you make a sandwich you don't like to use the heel right so when you open a package of bread what do you do?" D.B asks I look at Sara and Brass "I move the heel out of the way reach past it and grab from the middle of the loaf " Sara says "yea me too " D.B says "what's your point ?" Brass asks "my point is its the same with the newspaper machine you don't take the first copy that has a fold on it you ,you take the one underneath especially if your as OCD as this guy" D.b explains " so your saying Basderic's prints were already there when the cleaner hid the guns there" I say looking at them ,I walk back to the interoggation room to meet Nick ,we enter and begin. "Nick ,Nicole you know me" Vincent says I sit on the table "I thought I did til I found that " Nick says pointing at the coin "Vincent you keep a bowl of foreign coins below the register at the diner ,you showed Nick and I once remember ?" I say looking at him "its just a coin so what ?" "so we don't miss details Vincent ,I want you to take a look at some photos " Nick says handing them to him"that's the apron you had on when you went in the fridge and that's the one you had on when we let you out " Nick says "take a look at the strings ,this one is white and this one is blue ,you switched the aprons " I say pointing at the pictures "what ,why would I do that ?" "to hide the evidence " Its also the same reason why you moved the bodies ,here's the apron we started with we kinda had to destroy your back room but we found it" I said "you've been working in that restraunt since you were 10 years old I've never seen you take a vaction you'd do anything to keep that family buisness going but your brother he's a different story isn't he ?married a rich girl buys nice things and then one day your ship comes in the Meditrreanean wants to put a Frank's diner that's gotta be a big pay day vincent how much was that worth"I don't know "sure you do you know exactly how much but your brother he said no hmm" those were my payoffs my reward for 40 years of giving everything and he said no just like that " and now eight people are dead " I said coldly"I never wanted that to heppen Rio's was suppose to do a fake robbery ,I knew Owen would fight back Rio's was just suppose to shoot him and get out" "and at that point you knew there was no turning back so you shot him,and you knew that eventually we would trail the bodies back to you so you moved them" "Nick please don't look at me like that ,I'm not a monster " "no ? what about Eddie she was still alive wasn't she and she witnessed everything that you did " so you put a gun to her head and pulled the trigger" I said . Nick and I walked out with Vincent on cuffs and lead him to the cells "Goodbye Vincent".